Probably a daft newbie question...

5H17

Am I being a complete treat? (No, wait... Don't answer that yet...!)

I'm pretty new to all this nonsense, but I like to think I am reasonably switched on with techie stuff. I have an openbox S10 that I bought a while ago and have only just got around to setting up. I have two test lines on it at the mo (not both in use at the same time) so I can choose between the two. (Thanks to those folks that replied to my line request, btw. Most helpful).

My problem is BBC HD. Both BBC1 and BBC2 freeze like there's no tomorrow. I'm presuming it's not a server problem because it was doing it even before I put the test lines in. Now I'm not all that bothered about not having HD, but my question is where the hell do I find BBC *SD*! I can find BBC1 London in SD and that works just fine. Not a sign of BBC2 anywhere though. Am I missing something??

Any guidance welcome :)

Am I being a complete treat? (No, wait... Don't answer that yet...!)

I'm pretty new to all this nonsense, but I like to think I am reasonably switched on with techie stuff. I have an openbox S10 that I bought a while ago and have only just got around to setting up. I have two test lines on it at the mo (not both in use at the same time) so I can choose between the two. (Thanks to those folks that replied to my line request, btw. Most helpful).

My problem is BBC HD. Both BBC1 and BBC2 freeze like there's no tomorrow. I'm presuming it's not a server problem because it was doing it even before I put the test lines in. Now I'm not all that bothered about not having HD, but my question is where the hell do I find BBC *SD*! I can find BBC1 London in SD and that works just fine. Not a sign of BBC2 anywhere though. Am I missing something??

Any guidance welcome :)
have a look on the king of sat website.it will give you all transponder frequencies etc.you could then maybe scan individual channels that you require or ask in forums if anybody has a channel list for your box they could give you thats up todate..!!

If bbc hd keeps freezing its could be down to dish alignment, when your on the channel if you press the info button SNR should be around 70 to 80%, if its around 30 and moving up and down all the time your dish may be off a sat alittle or could have trees in the direct way. SD cahannels for bbc 1 and 2 on AJs list arenear the end are in fav's regional.

If bbc hd keeps freezing its could be down to dish alignment, when your on the channel if you press the info button SNR should be around 70 to 80%, if its around 30 and moving up and down all the time your dish may be off a sat alittle or could have trees in the direct way.
That looks fine. It's around 83% pretty much constantly.
SD cahannels for bbc 1 and 2 on AJs list arenear the end are in fav's regional.
Ha! That's the bunny! Why did I never think to look under regional. Face..palm...

Thankyou gents. Much obliged.

Back