problem booting

paddyh

hi all i got one of these zgemma star 2s recievers, i already have a vu duo 2 so im not completely new to everything, however when i was setting up the zgemma star i updated the boutiques, downloaded file browser, my tube and cross epg from the plugins, and put a new skin on it then restarted the box from the menu, however the box would not go past boot! dont really no why! i got the box with openatv preinstalled. I then tried to reflash the box with openvix, i put the usb with the file into the back port and powered up the reciever, it flickered between boot/flsh on the front panel for about 20 minutes, so i asumed it wasnt doing anything so i powered off the receiver, now nothing happenes when i turn the box on, it doesnt give any info on the front panel... have i totaly bricked my box?? help much appreciated thanks to all of you who know what there doing unlike me who only thinks they know lol

yes mate its your vix image! i have flashed the same image (yours) onto another zgemma star 2s and its working away no problems (in fact the whole thing is an exect replica of my vu duo 2) im impressed with this box for the price, the only difference so far is the speed. any way i downloaded your image put it into the back of the box powered on and the box isnt responding, nothings happening at all.

Ok most likely and common is that the box has corrupted ur usb MBR. Hddguru free low level format tool on PC. Full not quick format. Then windows full not quick forma. Then try again.
Its the usual cause. Or if UV other usbs

i done the low level format and then windows full, tried a freshly downloaded file extracted it straight to the usb but still no joy! all i can do now is try another usb but to be honest it doesnt seem to be showing any signs of life so im doubtful! but will try when i get one prob b tomorrow. in the meantime any more suggestions? thanks

dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with your image, its my box, nothing seems to work, the person i bought the box has agreed to send it back so no worries and thanks everyone for there help, appreciated.

ok cool. i flashed your image onto the box i got for my dad and as i say its great, im running openvix with the frankensky skin on my vu duo 2 and its more or less the same. I cant seem to get the openvpn working on the zgemma thou, iv done everything excatly as i did on my vu+ but it doesnt seem to work, any ideas? (just to be clear it runs perfect on my vu)

Back