problem with screenshots on this pc

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
When i take a screen shot on this pc i seem to have a problem tk.jpgwith the way it take its

notice how it semes to enlongate the screen by giving it like 2 screens. I have tried to reduce the size when in paint but it makes no difference any help appreciated x

Are you using dual monitors or just one?

Are you using windows to do the screen capture or some 3rd party application?

In Windows if you hit the PrtScn button it will copy a screenshot of the entire screen to the clipboard, whereas, if you hold the Alt button and then press the PrtScn button it will only copy the active window to the clipboard.

yes using 1 monitor and doing exactly the same on both pcs when i do a screenshot - just doing printscreen then pasting to paint
thats why it seems so strange as i am doing nothing different.
Here are 2 screneshots from this pc , then i will add 2 from the other pc. Have also just looked up the screen rez - incase thats set up differently this one is Display 1( 2 choices 1 or 2) 1024x768 landscape pc 1 screenshot small.jpgtk pc 1 screenshot full size.jpg

PC2
pc 2 small.jpgpc2 full size.jpg
have noticed screen res is different display 1 ( but thats the only choice) 1440x900 landscape

never looked before but would that make much difference the size of the screen on pc 1 ??

Last edited:
A resolution of 1024x768 landscape should not have anything to do with it Linny.

Are your G card drivers correct and up to date?

Has it been working fine at some stage? and has there been any Windows updates applied recently?

Have you a recent restore point you could revert to?

A resolution of 1024x768 landscape should not have anything to do with it Linny.

Are your G card drivers correct and up to date? Not sure as not sure what that is

Has it been working fine at some stage? Its always been like that on that computerand has there been any Windows updates applied recently?
Yes there probably has as both pcs auto update
Have you a recent restore point you could revert to?
Cant remember the last time i had to restore it.
I dont often use that pc to do screenshots but had a problem with an account and was using the page/internet on that pc. i use that pc for any downloads etc and for storing programmes.
I will try using print screen with the alt button see if that makes a difference

screenshot wih alt key pressed on pc 1
pc1 screenshot with alt key.jpg
screenshot on pc2 with alt key
pc2 screenshot with alt key.jpg

Last edited:
Are your G card drivers correct and up to date? Not sure as not sure what that is

Your graphic card drivers linny, are they the correct ones?

You could right click computer and go into manage, then device manager & remove the graphics drivers, reboot the system and let it detect and install them again.

ok this is what i get device manager no alt key.jpg
Using the alt key its a far better clearer screenshot but still larger than it should be by the looks of it
device manager pc1.jpg

Last edited:
I see from that screenshot that you are using generic drivers for your monitor Linny, that will limit the resolution range available to you. Install the correct drivers for your monitor.

if your talking about where it says monitor its showing the same on the other pc pc2 device manager2.jpg
what do i need to do to install new drivers. Its actually a Samsung LCD TV monitor Syncmaster 932mw

OK seen where it says update drivers so have done both - pc1 updated but pc 2 didnt!
updated driver pc1.jpgdriver for pc2.jpg

will reboot both pcs and see if there is any change

Last edited:
think im getting there more screenshots now ive updated driver on pc1
notice in the 1st pic its also change the screen rez
display 2 after save.jpgdisplay 2.jpgdisplay using 1.jpg

The drivers would have come on a CD supplied with the TV\Monitors. You should visit the manufactures Website to get the latest drivers rather than allowing Windows to update them

The drivers would have come on a CD supplied with the TV\Monitors. You should visit the manufactures Website to get the latest drivers rather than allowing Windows to update them
thanks will try that - got no idea what happened to the cd that came with tv as its a few yrs old.
looked on the samsung site but no joy :(

Last edited:
Can you switch to monitor 1 on PC1? I see it gives the option for multiple displays. See if that makes a difference.

axxxo it was on screen 1
ok after all that when i did a screenshot the colour seems to be yellowish only on the photo of the screenshot - so deleted the driver but it kept it at the new res that it set and kept it on screen 2 .
its now set on screen 2 and this is the outcome pc1 screen 2.jpg

so think ive got then eventually :) Must have all been to do with the screen res.
When you look at the photos if the screen is red at top/bottom & you see a lizard as my screensaver that is pc2 - the one i use most of the time.

IF its green and got a windows based screensaver with waterfalls or other daft background thats pc1 - one i used for downloads etc

The colour and screensavers help me identify instantly which pc im using at the time
thanks Gman! for your help and advice

Last edited:
Gman takes me a while but i get there eventually - i dunno if its age or hair colour lol!
The thing about this place and you guys is no one takes the P if me or anyone else has a problem - you all try and help ( even if your thinking to your self - daft woman :) )
its the likes of you guys that have helped me learn what i do know in a way that i can understand. If i went on a pc course id be stuffed and fail as i wouldnt understand 1st time round! My brain seems to work at a slower pace than most! once its in its in but it can be a hard task taking everything in and it staying there!

So Big love to my TK Family :group hug:

Back