Problems with service

GerrySwe

I've got d/load speeds of 11mps but when watching IPTV my connection speed is only 3.4mps. How can i improve this and prevent the freezing of the screen

11 meg is quite slow for iptv. think most suppliers advise at least 15 meg to watch HD. The only thing you can do is make sure no one in your house is downloading or making heavy use of the net. make sure your isp security settings are turned off. if you are using a wireless connection that will also cause issues try and set up a wired connection.

apart from getting better download speeds their is not much else you can do.

OK guys from what you are telling me I need to get Openreach to sort out my line problems. I'm paying for an 80/20 line which should provide me with 40mps but as I said I am only getting around 10mps presently

Are you testing wired or wireless? If it’s wired then I would get onto bt chat and arrange for an engineer to visit
I am in ongoing talks with openreach about my broadband speed. It normally ticked over at 35mps which is still slower than it should be but it has dropped considerably over the past week. I've had EIGHT Openreach engineers at my premises since the turn of the year but the problem seems to be somewhere between my line and the junctioin box in the street.

Try taking bandwidth tests @ certain times of the day EG: morning. Noon,evenings
http://www.speedtest.net/
That way you have proof on your device of proof of poor speeds..
Keep in contact with BT. Explain they are providing a service unfit for purpose..

10mb should still run iptv. If a little slower.

Try taking bandwidth tests @ certain times of the day EG: morning. Noon,evenings
http://www.speedtest.net/
That way you have proof on your device of proof of poor speeds..
Keep in contact with BT. Explain they are providing a service unfit for purpose..
10mb should still run iptv. If a little slower.
Believe me, I have been in discussion with them sice January. They are well aware of the speed issues and have made several unsuccesful attmpts to improve it. BT arent my ISP although Openreach have responsibility for the line.

Back