1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

program

Discussion in 'Anti-Virus' started by GEDUN1T, Sep 7, 2016.

1. GEDUN1T

GEDUN1T Member

hi guys i think this is the closest subject forum i can find . I am trying to find the best free anti virus for windows 7 ,for a laptop running a i3 processor with 4GB ram so nothing to heavy .anyway thanks for Reading and hopefully helping out :)

2. gibbletts

gibbletts TK Veteran

I've used avg for years

3. the reaper

the reaper VIP Member Forum Supporter

AVG---it's free and does the job.
    Reaper.

4. boobishabang

boobishabang TK Veteran

Avast free version is as good as any, personally not a fan of AVG

5. GEDUN1T

GEDUN1T Member

Thanks guys ill have a look

6. kiddac

kiddac banned

Visit bleepingcomputer.com lots of choice there. Personally i would avoid avg nowadays. Used to be good. Far too bloaty now

7. gibbletts

gibbletts TK Veteran

Actually I tend to agree I used to use avast many years ago but changed for some reason, I can't remember why it's that long ago but those pop ups trying to flog you the avg tune up do get a bit irritating too old and set in my ways to change now.

8. laserguy100

laserguy100 Member

I find AVG heavy on cp useage,although most ant virus/malware are cloud based. I use Webroot. It scans incredibly fast..very light cpu useage..its only £16.00 on flea bay. Best free one is Avast.imo.
    laserguy100

9. Yumraaj

Yumraaj Member

AVG is not good anymore, it clogs your memory up quite bad. Avast is pretty good but recent update is making it heavy too.