PS3 Firmware 3.70 Jailbreakable?

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

Is Playstation 3 FW 3.70 jailbreakable? my bro bought the fifa 12 game and updated the ps3 in order to play the game, im wondering is there a way to hack this, i heard you can create a USB modchip?

Not really kept up to date with this so if anyone knows the latest on FW's please do get in touch

Thanks in advance :)

UPDATE: Found this link, dont know if anyone has jailbroke 3.70 so rather ask before doing it:
Code:
[url=http://sonyjailbreakps3.com/?p=4]PS3 Jailbreak 3.70 - PS3 Custom Firmware 3.70 | PS3 Jailbreak 3.70 - PS3 Custom Firmware 3.70[/url]

Last edited:
3.70 is in no way as of yet jailbreakable,if it was it would be front page news on nearly every forum,i would say any claims otherwise are fake,downgrading would require you opening your ps3 soldering to the nand and dumping the nand and then trying to get to 3.55,so in a word NO

3.70 is in no way as of yet jailbreakable,if it was it would be front page news on nearly every forum,i would say any claims otherwise are fake,downgrading would require you opening your ps3 soldering to the nand and dumping the nand and then trying to get to 3.55,so in a word NO

thanks, there is no way im opening up the PS3 and messing around. I shall wait till there is official news whenever that maybe LOL

I just updated to 3.72. I wanted to check out the BattleField Demo. :)

Looks like I wont be jailbreaking any time soon. (y)

you and me are in the same boat now Dan, you better not sink it either, i downloaded fifa 12 for PSP for myself LOL

i feel the wait for 3.70 to be jailbroken will be a very long one.

Yep, I can be a daredevil at times, I guess I will just continue updating...

I have a 3 year guarantee on the PS3 so dont want to do anything to mess that up. Will decide whats to be done after that. :)

But at the moment, no jailbreak is available for 3.70, ever since George Hotz has left the scene, everything seems to have gone to a stand still..

“Sony is glad to put this litigation behind us,” said Riley Russell, General Counsel for SCEA. “Our motivation for bringing this litigation was to protect our intellectual property and our consumers. We believe this settlement and the permanent injunction achieve this goal.”

This was back in April somewhere... A permanent injunction was put against him meaning he will have to refrain from modding the PS3..

God ye to are doom and gloom,the ps3 scene is alive and well,currently you can dual boot a ps3 from 3.72 which allows psn and then go to 3.55 with the e3 flasher,work involved and balls of steel required,the new much anticipated custom firmware jfw-dh from some very well known ps3 guys will be coming out from demonhades foroum which claims to be able to bypass the need for the keys to allow playing of newer games on older firmware,ps1 games are now playable with multiman as well as the ability to rip your dvds and blurays,also psn games can now be played on custom firmware,instead of updating all the time exercise some patience

lmao!

*oh darn* I guess me and j4v3d are both outdated, trust sinno to get us back on track. :)

The only "scenes" i'm concentrating on right now are for the Wii. Actually that would be a lie, I haven't touched my Wii since I've jailbroken it. lol

Back