PVR problems. Help please!

cdy

Hi all,
am unable to use my s10 to record. I am using the Dec. FW. I upgraded FW from the Sept. FW but this has not helped.
It records for 10 minutes then seems to cut off and the box freezes and has to be booted. Also, I can't fastforward the 10 mins that have recorded otherwise the box freezes again. Pretty frustrating tbh. The reason I got an s10 instead of a DM500 was the alleged PVR functionality.

In addition, when I try to play MVK/h264 files the picture freezes every 30 seconds or so, but audio continues.
Initially I though the problem lay with my Western Digital 500gb "book" but I've subsequently tried several dongles/USB flash-drives. Same prob on each occasion.

Anybody else encounterd these problems?

Hi all,
am unable to use my s10 to record. I am using the Dec. FW. I upgraded FW from the Sept. FW but this has not helped.
It records for 10 minutes then seems to cut off and the box freezes and has to be booted. Also, I can't fastforward the 10 mins that have recorded otherwise the box freezes again. Pretty frustrating tbh. The reason I got an s10 instead of a DM500 was the alleged PVR functionality.

In addition, when I try to play MVK/h264 files the picture freezes every 30 seconds or so, but audio continues.
Initially I though the problem lay with my Western Digital 500gb "book" but I've subsequently tried several dongles/USB flash-drives. Same prob on each occasion.

Anybody else encounterd these problems?

i reccon its a firmware problem the open box although cheap is crap compared to any dreambox , but not bad for the money i suppose tio receive HD channels it cant even store satellites as the memory gets choked up , recording with a dreambox 500 even a clone works well as you just use NGRAB and records all day long to what ever hard dive you choose on your network ,also what ever you watch on the 500 you can view on any p.c in the house as long as its connected to your network ,the openbox is crap compared to any dreambox my opinion !

Back