Quality CT100 WF100 , 125 cable recommendation

Only real difference between CT100 and WF100 is just the central insulator as far as im aware

CT100-Air Filled Hollow plastic
WF100-Solid Foam

There is no difference in performance.
unless water ingress which can happen on CT100

Technically, condensation can get into the hollow plastic and over time cause issues.

CT100 gets a rep for its hollow central insulator. Ive used reals of the stuff. It can get water in it if its not installed with the correct Fconnector. I use the ones with the oring seal then self amalgamating tape or silicone sealant, then a boot.

It gets a rep because someone stuck up his 19e dish without any of the above and 10 year later they have issues, but he hits the forums moaning. If it was that much of an issue they would have stopped its manufacture.

I use both types WF and CT its whatever is cheapest and available at the time.

CT125 on my dishes.

Is it good stuff at £7.99 for a 50m drum , is that cheap, or the norm or how much would you normally pay for a quality cable.

Guess I'll find out next week.
If you read the description, it's new/other.
The packaging is ragged and torn.
The seller is a recycling/ scrap merchant.
He's probably come across a few dozen rolls in an old lockup/warehouse and selling them off

Is it good stuff at £7.99 for a 50m drum , is that cheap, or the norm or how much would you normally pay for a quality cable.

Guess I'll find out next week.
It's good stuff and it's cheap.

Brown tends to be less popular than black or white, so not unusual for old stock to be kicking about.

It's also not LSF (low smoke / fume) cable, therefore it's probably no good for commercial use (installers prob can't use it, as it probably doesn't meet some current regulations), but that doesn't stop you as a domestic user from installing it yourself.

Back