Reading sign Ian Harte and Zurab Khizanishvili

noelyf

VIP Member
_48936019_harte.jpg
Harte played for the Republic of Ireland at the 2002 World Cup

Reading have signed centre-half Ian Harte from Carlisle on a permanent deal and brought back Blackburn utility player Zurab Khizanishvili on loan.

Former Leeds defender Harte, 33, who scored 18 goals for Carlisle last season, joins for an undisclosed fee.

Georgia international Khizanishvili, has agreed a season-long loan with the Championship side.

The 28-year-old spent four months on loan at the Madejski last season, making 15 appearances.

Former Republic of Ireland international Harte began his career with Leeds where he experienced Champions League football before joining Spanish side Levante in 2004.
He returned to England after three years and had spells with Sunderland and Blackpool before joining Carlisle in March 2009.

Despite playing in defence Harte was the Cumbrians' top scorer last season.
o.gif

He agreed an extended deal with Carlisle earlier this month but joins Reading until June 2012.

Reading boss Brian McDermott told the club website: "We've got ourselves a player of great quality and versatility.

"Carlisle fought very hard to keep him. He was a main player for them and we're very pleased he has signed."

Harte said: "It's my birthday today and it's the best present I could have wished for. I'm really looking forward to getting started."

Former Dundee and Rangers player Khizanishvili, skippers his national side and can play in midfield or defence.

Reading lost just three of the 15 games he appeared in for them last season.

McDermott said: "He was a real favourite with our fans. We know exactly what we're getting and it's a really positive addition to our squad."

Best of luck to Ian Harte (y)

have to agree with you noel, best of luck to him. I dont rate him too highly, he had a great free kick, but his defending was a little suspect.

I always had him to score the first goal for Ireland in the bookies wheelo.

Fair play to him, he won me a few bob with either a free or a penno lol

he wasn't bad for that as we had feck all other scorers, and we regularly got free kicks close to the penalty area.

Back