Recommedations Please

dazzawm

I am new to this so bear with me. I would like to know exactly what I need please. I have a Virgin TV feed that is disconnected coming in to the house and Vodafone BB. I want a box that I can record to and watch another channel at same time. Thanks.

Well if your budget is whatever you want it to be - buy an e2 cable box.

There are so many options your budget will help you decide which box is best for you, IF your VM connection to the house is still connected then as above an Enigma2 based cable box is the way to go, you have 3 choices of box type to chose from: (1) a box that splits the cable internally into two, (2) a twin cable tuner box or (3) a box that you can change tuners individually.... Prices vary a lot, cheapeat is single cable tuner that splits internally, mid range would be a twin cable tuner box then at the top end would be changable tuner box, lots of choice in Make/models starting from £50'ish to £200 - £300. A decent entry level make with a mid to high end box that works well for most would be something like the Zgemma H7C.

The Zgemma H7C has one Sat tuner & two that can be used for Cable to give you recording one channel while watching another channel (requires a 3 way splitter & an extra cable length to connect all tuners & router), its an ARM box so better/faster & higher spec'd than cheaper end ones, takes an internal or external hard drive & has a lot of support on TechKings so easy to find help when you need it plus our members have uploaded complete images with all the goodies/plugins required to aid setup & get the max viewing available, the H7C is by no means the best box infact its considered a cheaper make that punches well above its weight & has got a good rep for stability plus it can run IPTV subscriptions with ease should the need arise.
(site sponser has best price on this model, currently £120).

One of TechKings members (bee's) made a box guide to help new members decide which is best for them, no one box suits all as so much depends on how you want to use the box, how its is setup, c/s via cable, IPTV subs or both & of cause net speed.

What you will need to run a cable box (providing your VM is still connected in the cabinet):
Cable box capable or running two cable feeds.
two or three way splitter & an extra cable length depending on box choice (to connect 2nd cable tuner). 2x F-connectors.
a hard drive mounted internally or USB/HDD mounted to external usb port.
a VM line/code (can be obtained via the Cable request section of the forum)
The ability to follow instructions, Time & Patcience

Your Question is wide ranging & opinions vary as to which is best/better or not, have a read of bee's box guide, do a little research online then decided on your box of choice.

Last edited:
Back