recommend me a recording device/hdd

ruud82

Hello, i have an octagon sf8hd.

As per the title. Can i please have some recommendations for a suitable hdd (mains powered).

Is the samsung 1TB usb 3.0 M3 any good?

Under 50quid please.

Im just using the 500gb samsung ripped from my Slyhdbox but most drives u buy should suit. Certainly any usb3drive should be fast enough.

Hi Ruud, I have the same box and am using a portable HDD, so it is powered by by USB , so no extra cabling around the place.

Thanks all. I just plumped for the one that i posted. Seemed good for 48queed.

Wheelo, is the usb powered drive okay? I kept reading to avoid this type.

It's working perfectly for me so far Ruud. (y)

Wheelo. Just realised. Isn't there just the one USB port on the sf8? I'm not at home to check. Google search seems tonsuggest so.

Did you replace usb stick with the drive for epg, picons etc?

Yup, HDD for everything

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Set mines up last night. I had to initialise/format it to ext4 for it to work. Default NTFS wasn't being recognised.

What did you format yours to?

The only problem is that my windows computer cant recognise it now.

I'm going to have to look into partioning i believe.

Learning every day lol

Ext4 also, I don't need for it to be recognised by the laptop, anything I need to take off, I can do with filezilla

always better using a mains powered hdd,less stress on the usb ports.you dont need to move the hdd anywhere as programs on pc can pick it up from there.

always better using a mains powered hdd,less stress on the usb ports.you dont need to move the hdd anywhere as programs on pc can pick it up from there.

Turns out the one i got wasn't actually mains powered. I thought it was.

Seems to be working well so far anyway and sits nice and tidily on top of my box so lets hope i don't see smoke coming from it soon lol

Back