Recover Dead Openbox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

hello I am extremely new here first of all my skybox f5 doesn't even connect to my tv via hdmi or scart lead
it powers on but then reaches 97 then flashes load and starts again I only have a laptop so cannot connect skybox to laptop via that rs232 null modem lead
and please can help me reset it any other way ?????????????

I know that this only normally applies to a box that loads to 100, but have you tried booting the box with the LNB cable removed.

Also, do you have another mains adapter you could try? 12v, at least 2A, with the same +/- polarity.

just did it got stuck on 93 then showed itsgot to L099 now its back to what it was load then counting through the numbers

Hi yesterday my Openbox Vs5 kept looping and so I updated the firmware but it kept looping but when I disconnected the LNB It came back on but when I went to reconnect the LNB It started looping again.
This IS weird as anyone had this problem before.

Hi yesterday my Openbox Vs5 kept looping and so I updated the firmware but it kept looping but when I disconnected the LNB It came back on but when I went to reconnect the LNB It started looping again.
This IS weird as anyone had this problem before.

Could be a couple of reasons.

A short circuit in the LNB cable. Try removing the F plug, redo the end of the cable & refit the plug.

Could be due to the mains adapter starting to fail. If you have another adapter with the same voltage & polarity, & with the same or greater current (amps) rating, then give that a try.

bricked openbox v8s

hi, ive given up on my bricked openbox v8s that stayed in loop load after weeks of trying with no success, so I bought a new box.
can I use my new openbox to unbrick the old 1 by transferring the firmware and settings to my old box using a rs232 cable.

hi, ive given up on my bricked openbox v8s that stayed in loop load after weeks of trying with no success, so I bought a new box.
can I use my new openbox to unbrick the old 1 by transferring the firmware and settings to my old box using a rs232 cable.

AFAIK there's no way of transfering firmware straight from one box to another.

I have a v5s there are no lights coming on at all, I,ve tried a different transformer with same results. anybody got any thoughts on it

if you get synchronizing STBS please reset target leave it on that then plug your box in than it will i had the same problom now it work

When you switch the box on, does it say "Done" next to "Synchronizing STBs...please reset target!"?

Hi Kremmen
I'm having the same trouble with a v8s and dont get the "done". Is this a seperate problem?
Thanks for any help

When you switch the box on, does it say "Done" next to "Synchronizing STBs...please reset target!"?

Hi Kremmen
I'm having the same trouble with a v8s and dont get the "done". Is this a seperate problem?
Thanks for any help

There can be a few reasons why you don't get the "Done" message. In general, it means that the box hasn't been recognised. So it could be a wrong/faulty null-modem cable, cheap USB to serial adapter (or wrongly set up), faulty mainboard in the box etc.

how long does it take to update, I have synchronizing stb please reset target,null modem wasused 2 days ago to load update on tm6800 so I know its o.k

I have up dated the firmware on my f5s box as was having a issue with a fe channels now I get scrambled on all channels the servers says online with a tick iv rebooted the modem and the box but still have this problem please help

Back