Satellite Reflashing Zgemma Star S

Eddy14

Hi Everyone

Sorry if its in the wrong section,
so ive just bought this ZGemma Star S but like a idiot i clicked on factory Reset (cant remember why) and now its a MaxDigitalXP1000,
so i found a whole package for reflashing this box but it doesn't seem to work. My previous box was a SkyBox F5S which was pretty straight forward with updating things on it.
but with the ZGemma Box i can't see how it updates stuff from the USB.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Search for mtpockets backup and it has full instructions that's the 1 I used for my first time very easy I hear good things about scumess image too...do you have your line saved elsewhere if not you'll have to contact your supplier or you'll only get FTA

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey Sam, welcome. Yeah just do like Judetron said with the MTPockets image and that will get you on the right track. And if you get stuck don't worry. Plenty of help here. ;)

Thanks for the replys. Ive tryed the mtpockets but when i boot up the box can't seem to read the USB, but when it turns on theres a message saying Cache flash or flush stopped. Don't know if that has anything to do with it?

thanks
Sam

Could someone explain to me how to update the USB to the box, i had a Openbox and it was much straight forward to update the files from USB.

thanks

Sam

Format USB put the folder zgemma on the drive and nothing else (make sure it's unzipped) put in back USB port switch on should quickly flash up saying USB then quickly press the front power button and it should say flash on the front can take upto 15 mins....make sure you have taken your line off before flashing

Still nothing when loading up :/ ive looked in mount manager and under type of USB its got vFat R/W but when i formatted it on my Mac its MsDot FAT (32). Could that be the problem?

thanks

Yeah that's sounds like it's your issue download a free formatting tool I don't know much about macs but the is bound to be a alot about for free 1s there

Finally im getting somewhere i think! Changed USB and straight away FLSH came up so just need to wait now and hopefully all good!
Big thanks to Judetron for helping a noob out : P

Finally im getting somewhere i think! Changed USB and straight away FLSH came up so just need to wait now and hopefully all good!
Big thanks to Judetron for helping a noob out : P
Good luck dude

managed to get my box how it was! Just need to add the line, ive found a few threads on how to add a line so ill be fine from here ( i hope) :p

Download filezilla go to box menu/information/network it will show your ip type it into top left in filezilla username and password is root port is 21 then copy your line to usr/keys......off the top of my head I'm away at the moment

Zgemma star s2 not flashing! I'm

Hi guys,

is is there anyway to flash a Zgemma box without usb? My box doesn't seem to recognise the usb! And excuse my ignorance but if you don't flash the box can you still add subscription lines to it? I've formatted two memory sticks and they are playing hell with me and not working :( any help would be greatly appreciated :)

so many people have problems with USB not being picked up & its nearly always the same error being made, been covered many times on this forum:

To prepare a USB ready to accept image before flashing: 1st use HDDguru to perform a low level format, 2nd perform a full not quick FAT32 format using Windows....now the USB is prepared properly load the zgemma folder onto the USB, place USB in REAR USB port of zgemma then turn the box on via the large power button on the rear of box.
Vix image will show FLASH on front panel, OpenATV will require the front power button to be pressed as the box begins to power up to get OpenATV to flash.

Last edited:
Back