Remember me !!!

bluefrogs

ok some may or may not remember me and my troubles with me box. i have a a780 box got it in jan this year all was fine till week or so ago , all me channels where glicthing like crazy so bad its unwatchable , apart from the 3 irish channels im in n.ireland by the way . ok so i have now replaced all cables and even got new splitter box 1 in to 2 from wall , new internet cable from wireless modem to box, the only things connected to my modom is the 780 box , the 2 cables ,1 to box and 1 to modem , right so all is well here .
ok reflashed box, factory restore , delete all channels , rescan
update via box , all up n running fine picks up all channels and the s and q is up in the 77 ish on both BUT still the samme unwatchable, now the 3 irish channels unwatchable also .
i have emailed suppliers a week ago now nothing back will do again today to see if under warenty, so have done all the checks , replaced all cables n wires , done all the resets n all , am i missing anything here people ??? must be the box right ? no probs in area and when virgin box connected all is fine .
im lost now :( if no come back from suppiers soon is the box for the bin ?? or is there anything else i can do with it .
oh and yes i have brought round mates still the same there rescaned still same
ANYONE !!! no whats going on here ???

join the club, it might be a good idea for people to post who are not getting glitching/freezing/scrambled or no video problems on there kv A780 to post and let us in on the secret

Read threw this thread.

Tamworth no channls

Hi guys m8 rang me he is in tamworth uses NTL and Lichfield ID, after the last update no channels,so went round with my box and checked a few things, I did a Box to Box update then reconncted,still no good not picking up the ID`s on scan checked his signal and its now around 56 on strength are Vermin reducing signals?
Also checked cables ethernet router ,splitter,also tried my good box.
Did a connection straight from the wall no splitters still same.
Anyone from Tamworth had same prob?
Any ideas guys? cheers

Had the same problem after doing s/w update .
so I re-flashed box using the older firmware 26/05/2012 , factory reset, rescanned and got all channels back with no glitching .

Bluefrogs sounds like you got same fault as ashman.. can you re flash with the 26/05/13 bin file with null cable and then try and see if any improvement..

ted before i updated via box today i was on old s/w im pretty much sure its a faulty box , or virgin or at something to stop 780s working i was asking to see if anybody could come up with anything else that im missing , but seems like there is nothing else , i have been looking in to turning to sky and investing in a f3 box from what i read so far they pretty much the same as a 780 box only far better quality not sure yet if ya need to pay a sub or not tho

Had the same problem after doing s/w update .
so I re-flashed box using the older firmware 26/05/2012 , factory reset, rescanned and got all channels back with no glitching .

i was led to believe it was also bad on this firmware? ok if others do a factory reset/default and manually flash firmware by null modem cable anddont upgrade and see how it goes and report back,the more we know the more chance we can get it fixed.by the way ted only works 9-5 mon-friday lol

ted before i updated via box today i was on old s/w im pretty much sure its a faulty box , or virgin or at something to stop 780s working i was asking to see if anybody could come up with anything else that im missing , but seems like there is nothing else , i have been looking in to turning to sky and investing in a f3 box from what i read so far they pretty much the same as a 780 box only far better quality not sure yet if ya need to pay a sub or not tho

did you say the box was tried in a different area,reset/rescanned to check it out?

was tryed in diff house still same area no differance and yes rescaned

---------- Post Merged at 10:05 PM ----------

ill try old s/w but like i say i didnt have new s/w untill today and problem was still there , part from the 3 irish channels worked fine , and again when i say all channels unwatchable i mean ALL as in bbc 1 to 5 and so on

i would contact supplier to let him know,one last thing to try the fta in downloads and check if it glitches on them.

do your mates have a box to try at your place?

Last edited:
will try that as well cat man but he not getting back to me and he meant to be good seller can i namethe company here ?

no mate not got box just the norm , mmmmmmmmmmm wondering if anyone on here in or near belfast would like to let me try there box at mine just to see or other way bout

Like you say blue its all now pointing to your box as faulty as your sub box would glitch fta channels as well if it was signal fault... !

Worth a try..!!

---------- Post Merged at 11:03 PM ----------

Can only be the box now.. its less than a year old so a decent seller should send you a replacement..!

i remembered an older poster in belfast was on chorus,so last thing to do is the fta file in downloads and if it glitches on bbc1 would say box fault.

Back