Remove Unsuitable Comments from YouTube

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
Tired of all the garbage and the profanity in the comments at YouTube? want to protect the younger members of your family from reading ridiculous comments ? Now you can clean things up with the You Tube Comment Snob extension for Firefox.I have tested this add on since last night and will say its not 100% but what it does do was good enough for me :)

Here is an example page on You Tube. Obviously this one is not as bad as others that can be found there, but will prove sufficient for the extension test. You can see that there was some profanity (blacked out) and less than stellar writing (i.e. all lower case letters, etc.).

youtubecomment01.png

A close-up of the comments section pre-extension…

youtubecomment02.png

After

Here is the same You Tube page from before…look at how cleaned up the comments section is. Only one of the six comments made it past the extension.

Note: The results shown are based on the default settings shown in the “Options Window” below.

youtubecomment03.png

Here is a close-up of the comments section. Notice that a specific reason was given for each hidden comment and that there is an option to display individual comments if desired.

youtubecomment04.png

Options

Choose the specific type of contents that you would like to hide in the comments sections. Notice that you can even hide comments that exceed a personally specified number of spelling mistakes.

youtubecomment05.png

Conclusion

If you are tired of nonstop garbage and profanity in the comments at You Tube, then this is the extension to help you clean those comments sections up.
:)

No bothers first also meant to add to enable /disable it just go to addons in tools plus it requires a Firefox restart :)

Back