RIP Stitch :(

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Ive had a horrid day today. :(

Was awoken at 6ish this morning by my son who said he heard a big thud in the snakes tank and then saw blood everywhere. We took snakes out to examine 2 seemed fine but stitch had blood in his mouth, clean him best we could and put them all in separate tubs so we could clean out tank. Couple of hrs later my son checked snakes and found stitch dead. Can only think that the thud was that he somehow fell and damaged himself internally. Found a fluid lump in his body. Wont go in to the details :(
he was only about 4-5 yrs old and they live to about 10-20 yrs maybe.
So RIP stitch. He was our 1st snake and my son loved him the most.
pic of him taken back in 2007
916.jpg

Awww very sorry to hear that Linny, :(

Picture is lovely, love his coloring, very sad news though :(

Linny i am so so sorry to hear such sad news about stich.:(I really know how heartbreaking this will be for you.My heart is with you:( RIP stich:(

My condolences to you and George, at least Stitch had the best home a snake could have in his short life.

thanks guys! sorry still coming to terms with it as it was such a shock. George said the thud he heard at around 6am sounded like someone threw something in the tank, so really got no idea what happened!. Can only think that there has been some sort of accident but what/how got no idea. Its not as if one had attacked another and they have all lived together since we got them. Even when crystal came back we left it a few days and put her back. Now the other 2 look as if they have lost something!
Hes now in the front garden with Oscar - side by side!
be glad when to day is over :( just feel so sick/empty inside.

sorry to hear this bad news linny, i am sure it wasn't a great day for any of you.

thanks guys! yesterday was a horrid day from the minute George woke us up at 6ish to the minute we went to bed.!
If he had of been ill at least you can get your head round it a little, but for something to just happen for no reason seems very strange.
What didnt help was rang our vets ( ok knew in our hearts there was nothing he could do but, but he could have maybe spoken to us or gave some sort of explanation) and found out there is no vet. Apparently Shelton got up and decided to go back home to Australia a week or so ago. They have a locum vet but not one that knows anything about reptiles :(
So its the not knowing that you have to get your head around.
As said all 3 snakes have always lived together and got on for 4-5 yrs. When George heard the thud and looked one was hiding in the hide the other one was sitting beside the hide and Stitch had his head just inside the hide with the rest of his body out - so everything looked normal, except for the blood - which at the time we couldnt see where it came from. The tank is only 12 inches high and nothing for them to climb on ( for safety sake) so its a complete mystery. But judging by what i saw when i took a closer look after i heard George sob his heart out ( 18 almost and it broke his heart) all i could see was a fluid lump, then realised it had to be an internal injury where one of the organs was and put 2 n 2 together. Corn snakes are pretty hardy, look at what Crystal must have gone thro when she went missing for almost 2 yrs with 2 very cold winters, she survived, and her organs didnt pack up.
I dont know maybe there was a fight as such but i dont think none of them are strong enough to have "thrown" stitch about - especially as he was the biggest of snakes.
George was not up to finding a strange vet to do a pm- plus sometimes its better not to know.
So he will always be remembered as he was our 1st snake and the 1st snake that George looked at in the shop and fell in love with.
He was not upto going back to school today ( well not for 1 lesson and with a bad foot still) He is still asking why etc.

thanks for your kind words means a lot that although you guys dont know us perosnally you care and feel for us.
I have had more feeling and comfort for you guys on here than my "real friends" and most of you guys are not reptlie lovers as such! friends just say " oh go get another" you just cant do that!
Im just about getting completly over Oscars loss 18 months later
Funny how we feel more at home and at ease with out Cyber friends
so again thanks
Linny & George xx

Sorry, for the late response Linny but I wanted to add my sympathy for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a pet and I hope you are getting on ok.

Linny I'm so sorry to hear about Stitch, It really hurts to lose a pet you love so much, it's even worse when they go so suddenly like that, but always remember he had a great home and was loved by all you guys.
You and George have my sympathy.
R.I.P Stitch

Really sorry to read that news Linny :(

But as H already said, Stitch lived in a 5 star hotel while he was with you (y)

Back