Saoirse Ronan joins The Hobbit cast

noelyf

VIP Member
Friday 28 January 2011

http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250

Irish actress Saoirse Ronan has joined the cast of 'The Hobbit', reuniting with 'The Lovely Bones' director Peter Jackson.

143.jpg

Ronan - Set to star in The Hobbit

According to IFTN, the movie's casting director Ros Hubbard confirmed Ronan's involvement in the film.

Speaking about the strong Irish presence in the movie, with Aidan Turner and James Nesbitt already signed up, Hubbard said: "We had been wanting to put Aidan Turner into film for a long time because he had done an awful lot of TV and we told him when we finally met him, 'We are going to concentrate on getting you into the movies.' I didn't think it would be as big as this. But how great for him."

"And Jimmy is thrilled to bits, his whole family have gone out, it is just wonderful. And working with Peter Jackson is like working with a family. So they'll have a great time."

"Saoirse's family will go too, everyone is very close and very loving on those sorts of jobs. It's not like typical studio movies at all."

They can hire who they like once they make this film fantastic. Alot of people waiting for this film a very long time. They may take their time and get it right.
I read The Hobbit i'd say about 18 years ago and it was superb, still have the childhood memories of thinking about Smaug the dragon flying about the place.
Don't go ruining it on me now lol

Looking forward to this one meself axxxo :)

Like yourself I read the Hobbit many moons ago & thought it was fantastic.

Filming is set to begin in the next couple of weeks. Part one is scheduled to be released in December 2012, with the second set to follow in December 2013.

Back