Sat or Cable

I had a mini vu+ duo running sky on blackhole and I managed to mess the settings up and it eventually stopped working. I ended up going over to VM with a venton unibox which I have now. Decided to go for VM so I could get the HD channels. Now my dilemma is that I find VM very unstable in comparison to Sky. I've tried loads of lines and they are alright for a few days then they start glitching and freezing like mad, some worse than others, but I'm yet to find a nline that is good enough to actually sit through a footy match without it freezing at some point... 1 game it's ok & the next it's freezing all over the place. Not just the footy, but all channels. I've got 100meg VM broadband and don't have any issues with that. The ecm value is around 0.650 to 0.750 when it's running ok, but when it's freezing it goes down to around 0.007 - 0.040. The viewing pleasure of sky was far better, very rarely did I have any issues, but it was all SD & not HD.. so my question is, is this normal what I'm experiencing? I'm having a daily debate with myself stick with VM in the faint hope it gets better or back to sky and get my mini vu + fixed?
Long winded post I know, sorry for that but wanted to put out as much info as poss!!
Cheers guys

there can be more issues that can happen on cable and making sure everything is setup correctly first has effect on boxes working.
good quality splitter in use like a tratec 5-1000mhz.
good quality cabling with proper compressed ends work better.
good lan cable to router.
box overloaded with stuff will be slow.

mini vu sounds like a clone crap,good original boxes work and have support and safety built in.

I would look at your setup then try other test lines, there is some good ones knocking about

Last edited:
Got VM running a technomate tm nano and apart from couple of glitches a day runs like clockwork, used to run a cheap amiko, just upgraded the box which was a lot more money and the difference is chalk and cheese

Back