Scaler Sharpness in video settings

Anybody else noticed what seems to be a new addition to video settings? Mine by default was set half way on 13, but I've now set it to 20, and it does seem to have helped what sometimes looks a too soft a picture.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just adjusted to 20 too and it certainly does look like an improvement in the picture, seems a bit more sharper....cheers for the info

I'm on Wooshbuild 4.002, but it wasn't there when I flashed the box originally a few days ago. So not sure what has caused it to appear now.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Im with sucmnsee so bad luck for me lol one more thing - is it in the actual settings or is it a plugin? Could see if i can find the ipk and see what its like. Glad its working for you and cheers again

It's in openatv latest image, not sure about vix.
Either way the sharpening algorithm on these boxes is terrible. (don't know whether it's the same for all enigma2 boxes)
This basically does the same as the video enhancement plugin you can download from plugins.
I have mine set at 15 at the moment. You get too much mosquito noise if you go to high.

I am pretty sure from my own experience, if you use an app (i.e SS iptv on samsungs) on your tv to stream your feed instead of watching the live feed, you get better picture quality than the boxes picture.
I think if you stream it, it ignores the sharpening and your tv will do the upscale better. I do this now and again for football.

I'm running wooshbuild 4.002 but cant seem to find the scaler option. I've looked under: setup-video-basic settings and theres nothing there about scaler. Am i looking at the wrong place?

strange... my menu doesn't have that option. Maybe it needs a software update? How do I go about doing that?

Open ATV....
Menu
Set up
Software management
Software update..wait to see if there are any updates, if there are press green button to update
Wait till update download is complete
When finished press ok on remote
Question...do you want to reboot, yes and press ok

strange... my menu doesn't have that option. Maybe it needs a software update? How do I go about doing that?

Open ATV....
Menu
Set up
Software management
Software update..wait to see if there are any updates, if there are press green button to update
Wait till update download is complete
When finished press ok on remote
Question...do you want to reboot, yes and press ok

thanks!! will give that a try!

Kiddac, where is that plugin available? Im using Sucmnsee's image so with the plugins gone I had a look around TSpanel but couldn't find it.
Cheers[

QUOTE=kiddac;612383]It's in openatv latest image, not sure about vix.
Either way the sharpening algorithm on these boxes is terrible. (don't know whether it's the same for all enigma2 boxes)
This basically does the same as the video enhancement plugin you can download from plugins.
I have mine set at 15 at the moment. You get too much mosquito noise if you go to high.

I am pretty sure from my own experience, if you use an app (i.e SS iptv on samsungs) on your tv to stream your feed instead of watching the live feed, you get better picture quality than the boxes picture.
I think if you stream it, it ignores the sharpening and your tv will do the upscale better. I do this now and again for football.[/QUOTE]

Back