School Shooting In Connecticut, US, Say Police

Updated at 10:04 p.m. ET:
A kindergarten teacher's son, clad in black and carrying two 9mm pistols, rampaged through a Connecticut elementary school Friday, killing 20 small children and six adults, a tragedy President Barack Obama said had broken the hearts of America.
The gunman, identified as Adam Lanza, 20, was found dead at the scene of the slaughter, Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, law enforcement officials said. The body of a woman believed to be his mother was found at their home in Newton, authorities said.
Officials initially misidentified the shooter to NBC News as Lanza's brother, Ryan. But a senior official later said that Ryan was nowhere near the shooting, is not believed to be involved, and is cooperating with the investigation.

Ryan told police that Adam has a history of mental illness, according to the senior official. Yet the motive for the mass killing – the nation’s second-worst school shooting -- was a mystery.
The weapons used in the attack were legally purchased and were registered to the gunman's mother, two law enforcement officials said. Two 9mm handguns were recovered inside the school. An AR-15-type rifle also was found at the scene, but there were conflicting reports Friday night whether it had been used in the shooting.
Police believe Lanza fatally shot her in the face, then drove to the hilltop school where she worked and unleashed a blizzard of bullets on children and staff in two rooms before apparently taking his own life.
"Evil visited this community today," Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy said Friday evening. "We are all in this together."

The reason why the inital reports named his older brother, was that the ID found on him had his older brothers name, and they thought that's who it was. His older brother has been questioned, and is no longer a person of interest.

The weapons used, he seems to have stolen from his mother house, as she had legally purchased them. He drove to the school in her car, left the .223 in the back seat, and use both the Glock and Sig Sauer in the shooting.

I am getting frustrated at these news stations, who are interviewing the students, and asking them how they felt, where were they, and what were they doing. Leave them alone!! They have been thru enough already!!

instead of opening a new thread i thouight i woiuld just post in here

Code:
Worth reading this: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/12/newtown-shooter-facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Victims Named:

118460922__365966b.jpg

Children:

Charlotte Bacon, age 6.
Daniel Barden, 7.
Olivia Engel, 6.
Josephine Gay, 7.
Ana M Marquez-Greene, 6.
Dylan Hockley, 6.
Madeleine F Hsu, 6.
Catherine V Hubbard, 6.
Chase Kowalski , 7.
Jesse Lewis, 6.
James Mattioli, 6.
Grace McDonnell, 7.
Emilie Parker, 6.
Jack Pinto, 6.
Noah Pozner, 6.
Caroline Previdi, 6.
Jessica Rekos, 6.
Avielle Richman, 6.
Benjamin Wheeler, 6.
Allison N Wyatt, 6.

Adults:

Rachel Davino, 29.
Dawn Hochsprung, 47.
Anne Marie Murphy, 52.
Lauren Rousseau, 30.
Mary Sherlach, 56.
Victoria Soto, 27.

It is so hard to read...........mine are 4, 7, and 9. Just the thought of it.

Was reading in one of the articles, where some of the parents of those children had asked investigators if they thought they had suffered. If they thought they understood what was happening to them. Just pondering that in my mind, as a parent there are no words to describe the images that go through your mind. Those sweet babies, may they rest in the arms of God forever.

people are crazy, gun laws need to be made so crazy people like this cant get them

Won't go any further than to point out the fact that he stole them. What does a person who intends to commit suicide and/or may have mental issues, have to fear from any law?

But no matter who, what, when, where, why, or how this EVIL event occurred, nothing detracts from the senselessness or the fact that 20 beautiful children lost their lives and their laughter has left this world forever.

people are crazy, gun laws need to be made so crazy people like this cant get them

That is a topic\debate that would be better served in a thread of its own.

But no matter who, what, when, where, why, or how this EVIL event occurred, nothing detracts from the senselessness or the fact that 20 beautiful children lost their lives and their laughter has left this world forever.

That really is the bottom line here, isn't it?

twenty children dead,seven adults including the gunman.you will never control all the guns but it seems to me something is needed here.absolutely devastating.

Back