Scrambled channels (read here first before posting)

satmanUK

TK Veteran
A lot of people on the site don`t seem to use search and straight away just go " help no channels, or scrambled channels or missing channels "

I thought a sticky post may stop the silly posts and also have a reference for users to check first.

( this can be edited with feedback from others )

So you come home and find you are getting scrambled channels on your sky box. DON`T PANIC!!

FIRSTLY
a lot off servers ( well a few i know and use ) don`t turn on a setting called "keep alive".
In dumb language, it does`nt keep you connected to the server if you go to a FTA channel for ages and puts you into a sleep connection ( kicks you off )

SECONDLY
Don`t just come here and post you have no channels. This is laziness, reboot your equipment and then contact your supplier if this was not solved.

if the above (that is basic checking) does help, then post here and we will try are best to help you!

Missing channels

again nothing to do with scramble channels, this is a channel has more then likely moved TP

BUT remember most problems are due to cheap and unstable "gifts"

I MISSED A BIG UPDATE

ON SKY/ BT/ TALK TALK , YOU SOMETIMES HAVE TO GO INTO THE ROUTER AND MAKE A CUSTOM SERVICE FOR OPENING A PORT THAT WAS ON YOUR LINE

As of posting this: 10am monday 27th jan

i found out via my mate a lot of people on "skyboxes are reporting scrambled channels" to him ( a few people know who i mean )

when he emails them back and asks
" have you rebooted your box?" he gets replies of "no" and once they reboot the box he gets a simple " o working now, on now thanks "

SIMPLE CHECKS PEOPLE !!!!

UPDATE 21.03.2014
IF ON WIRELESS, PLAY AROUND WITH CHANNELS

update

vu solo or tm-2t users

done a few updates over the last few days and the boxes have removed the tick in softcam and auto start

so this could be a place to look if scramble, on them BOXES

Last edited:
Great post.

Easy way to check to see if you have a working internet connection is try using the Youtube App.

If the icon in the middle is static then you don't have a working internet line and if the list fills up and the icon spins fast means you have working internet.

Don't panic if your it isn't working check to see if DHCP is turned on.

INTERNET IS WORKING.

uw0k.jpg

INTERNET IS NOT WORKING

i44f.jpg

TURN DHCP ON IF IT'S OFF.

dd3k.jpg

Last edited:
i would not even off posted that mate :) a simple look at my router or modem would say if you have net and sometimes youtube does work at all.

I know what you mean mate. but some people might not know how to check attached devices on their router - I was just making it simple :grin:

i would not even off posted that mate :) a simple look at my router or modem would say if you have net and sometimes youtube does work at all.

If you switch off the ethernet connection & switch on wifi (without a dongle connected), the ethernet port is still powered & shows up as connected on my router. So simply looking at your router is not a reliable method.

Lockeh's method is a quick & straightforward way of checking your connection. Even when my You Tube wasn't working correctly (until I updated the firmware) it will still show the You Tube titles, even though it wouldn't play the clips.

some people cant even clean their bum :) i got a call tonight from someone that brought a box and swearing down the phone saying there is no fav list. when i told him where the button was on the remote, he hung up!!

i called him back and said well, mmmmm he said sorry and hung up lol

some people cant even clean their bum :) i got a call tonight from someone that brought a box and swearing down the phone saying there is no fav list. when i told him where the button was on the remote, he hung up!!

I had some noob phone me up saying box not working, turn out he didn't turn on HDMI 1 on his TV.

Noobs will be noobs.

I had some noob phone me up saying box not working, turn out he didn't turn on HDMI 1 on his TV.

Noobs will be noobs.

omg i nearly put coffee on the keyboard

Satman, I registered to post a question that I think you just answered so Thank you.

Can you help me with this? On a few F5s, the line will not work when it's entered into the SLOT 1 and will just show as offline. The line will work fine in SLOT 2 so I have created a workaround of making a dummy line to go into SLOT 1.

Second problem is the one you mentioned where after a few hours the line will go to offline, I've sent a message to the supplier to find out more.

Thanks again!

---------- Post Merged at 11:24 AM ----------

Server provided said he can't do nothing and it's on my side. Any suggestions?

I was going to moan about hijacking post lol till I read again
Slot 1 ? 2 ? It's all lines in the cccam file

It seems this forum is turning into a refugee camp for people who have been scammed on eBay or other means.

to be honest i have never had a problem with talktalk. i suppose it depends which port your service provider is using.

OK Guys, I'm a noob 2, and I still have a question, even after I have. read this post.

When I am using my ethernet connection on my F5S, via a pair of Powerline 500 Network Adapters, I get an extraordinary amount of 'Dropout' on the Scrambled channels.
It was suggested by a colleague that it may be due to interference on the line.
However, when I try to connect using wireless, I can connect to my network without issue, but I can't get any of the scrambled channels at all.

Can anyone help me ? I'm I missing something about wireless set-up ?

I have Fibre Broadband, and Tal;kTalk is my provider, so I don't see it as being an internet issue... or is it ??

I'd appreciate an assist...

D. :o)

will not be the internet. homeplugs are your best option. so that leaves your line provider.

glitchy freezing or scrambling channels

Hi if anyone has these sorts of problems found if using wireless dongle with sky-box f5 was causing some major issues with freezing,glitching and scrambling problems using Ethernet sorted this out no problem hope this helps..

Hi Iwonder if anyone can help i bought a skybox f5s second hand the person i purchased the box off showed me it working with all channels. he then deleted the cline or something when i got it home i have the fta channels i have connected a net work cable and tried to install a test cline but can't get it to work how can i tell if the box is connected to the internet (cant seem to find a youtube app) and could someone give me a walk through as to how to save the cline on a comp and get it working.
sorry this is my first post and im struggling

Back