Second Hand Xbox

the fact it's not working back in the x box gives the impression that it is fecked. if i disconnect the CK3 from it the lights come back on and stay on, attach the drive and about 2 seconds later the lights all go out. i dont think that the plug went in upside down, which only leaves one question...... can you replace a drive by buying one in a shop/ flea bay? or is the whole thing fecked?

Ok wheelo, remove the power cable from the xbox motherboard that powers the drive and use that in the ck3 instead, see do you get the same result. May be a fault in the cable that was shipped with the kit.
Another possible way out is to use the lt switch but this may not work either, its up to you to take the chance or not.
I can forward a contact to you that did mine as i didnt want to risk screwing it up but youll have to desolder the pcb wires from the drive to post the board of the drive then solder them back on yourself, remembering which order the wires go back on :)
Thats about all the options available according to the guys at jungleflasher (thanks Aurum)
After that its a new xbox!

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry I have been away for awhile, Wheelo... I actually dont even own an xbox anymore, so I cant give much advice on that probe, although it sounds like axxxo knows whats going on. If you cant get it sorted let me know and if it means that much to you I know a guy that could salvage the thing for you for a price. but it would be cheap. unfortunately he lives in the u.s.

Ask the owner kamran lol just kiddin.
If you read through the entire thread you would see i would be very VERY picky buying a second hand console.
The manufacturing date on the back of the xbox may show a nice shiny new xbox but whats to say whats under the hood is not 2 years old?
Takes minutes to take an elite case an slap it onto a screwed up console, anyway thats just me and im sure there are genuine bargains out there.
Personally I wouldnt pay more than maybe 150 for that. Brand new slim will cost around 250 with the new trimmings.

axxxo, could you forward me details for your mate please.

also, try to forget what you already know, if i came on here saying that my disc drive was after dying, what would you say? that the drive can or cannot be replaced?

cheers

If i knew nothing and you said that, it would still be the same :)
Each drive in each xbox has its own unique "key" that relates it to the motherboard of the xbox so simply taking out the drive and replacing it without putting the key from the previous drive onto it will do nothing :( The key has to be taken from the drive to flash or "spoof" onto another.
Did anything pop or sizzle did you notice when you connected everything to the drive?
Its £35 just sending the pcb to him, it'll probably cost slightly more if you want to send the whole drive.
Even if the drive is screwed he should be able to manage to get the key off the board to put onto a new one.
Take a look at some of the repairs they did on the site!

This is the website
Code:
http://www.ltrepairs.co.uk/

Last edited:
the Benq looks to be a lot simpler, I have one of them to do to replace the other one until the repair can be done. do you have the latest firmware by any chance?

Hi wheelo, no point putting it in. You still need the key from the other drive to make it work!
Check out team jungle's twitter for updates and firmware or use easy xbins for firmware and alot more.
Did you get the BenQ as a spare or take it from another xbox?

If the chaps do manage to extract the key from your liteon they can email the firmware they have extracted to you, you can then use this firmware and flash it to the BenQ "spoofing" it as the Liteon drive and test it out on your xbox. Id recommend this before they erase your original drive, they might mention this to you themselves.

Last edited:
sorry, thats not what i meant, i meant that i picked up a complete xbox, which happens to have the benq drive in it, which i will pass on to my mate flashed until his comes back from the workshop.
that is why i wanted the latest firmware. I will either keep the second xbox, or sell it on:dunno:
gotta learn to be specific LOL

so i should really buy a spare drive from somewhere to have here to spoof to, so as to ensure no mistakes in future? any suggestions as to where to get one from, how much to pay.

Ah i gotcha now :)
Watch you could do first of all is read the firmware from the BenQ drive with jungleflasher and save it to your desktop from firmware tool 32.
Jungleflasher will ask you to autoload ixtreme firmware, click no and then in jungleflasher click on Outro/ATA reset in MTK Flash 32.
Now that you have the original firmware from the BenQ saved to your desktop(id make two copies of it and put them somewhere else too cos ye never know :) ) you can use the key or firmware from the liteon you have sent away and "spoof" the firmware from Firmware Tool 32 onto the benq and test it out on the xbox belonging to the liteon drive.
If all is well then you can put the original firmware back onto the benq, flash it with ixtreme and away ya go :)
It'll explain it to you in good detail from the jungleflasher pdf anyhow, use that drive or buy one from where you purchased all the gear already.

Wahey, as you said initially, hope for a Benq drive. I managed to flash the drive and gave the X-Box to the guy in work, I had Downloaded Halo and he was chuffed. So now when i get a reply from the repair man, i am in no hurry to get the xbox back to him and i can take my time over it.
I looked at Replacement drives and they are about £25 from the place where i got the other gear, is that about right? I am going to get a spare one, so i can spoof in future.
Thanks for all your help and patience so far axxxo, much appreciated.
hopefully the rest will go more smoothly.

I just got a quote from that man, £31 pounds including postage for whole drive, not bad i dont think

Last edited:
Yeah that sounds about right for the cost of the drive and congrats on your first xbox360 mod!!!
£31 for a drive repair or a hell of alot more on a new machine so yeah its pretty good.
Benq's are great drives, liteons are better but I always stick with the BenQ, I have one for ripping and the other for spoofing if im doing anyone else's xbox just incase!
No Prob Wheelo hope everything goes good with the next spoofing mission :)

liteons are the best drive but there a bitch sometimes i changed 1 not long ago luckily for me i managed to obtain key and dummy.bin thank god ordered new drive off ebay £20 and changed myself theres a irc chat channel for jungleflasher them guys really know there stuff helped me loads times ive got home made probe my mate built it for me hes a electronics genius me i cant even solder lol

Yeah the irc channel is good help. Soldering is a pain in the backside and you'd want steady surgeon hands to do those tiny points on the pcb!

Just to update everyone on what a twit I have been,
sent that drive away, and got an email back saying that whatever way i dropped the CK3 Probe onto the printed circuit board i caused a short circuit in the big black chip, which means this XBox is fried.
I have however, a cunning plan to get it replaced, watch this space
@axxxo, thanks for all your help, and hopefully they will go better in the future(y)

If anyone has an extra bit of info for me, can a modded xbox be connected to the internet, i know that microsoft had a way of finding out if the box was connected, is that still the case?

It can be but with the update coming out next month make sure to flash it back to its original state for the update, seemingly this may reduce the chance of it being detected. Remains to be seen though.
If i was you since the update is only a month away i would wait for the banhammer to pass and then chance online play.
Just put whatever firmware you have read from the benq drive originally, i presume this is the one your talking about, back on again.
Use as target firmware and click write in the appropriate tab

Code:
http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52342

Whats this cunning plan you have by the way? :)

Last edited:
Back