Setting up a OpenBox V8S HD for the first time

StrawDog

TK Veteran
Hi guys,

Thanks for having me around the forum.

Just bought an "Openbox V8S HD" and I'm just after a few pointers on setting it up, is it similar to the V5's and the like. ?

Any tips and tricks on what is needed to get it working.

I will of course be reading the forum and having a look around just wondered about setting up/using it etc.

I'll be adding The all-new CS Sky-Numbered 28.2 chan. list for Openbox/Skybox + 13E (TP_PROG_07_11_2013.zip) and then I'll be looking at the "cline"

I used to have a few dreambox's and stuff so familiar withe the set up etc. Just wondering if there's any specific images etc. that can be used with these boxes are or they just plug and play and use the image that's on them :)

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes mate the image is already on, just put your TP prog file on to a usb insert it into the box go to menu then find upgrade by usb search for the TP prog file update will be yellow button or summet, reboot box (turn off then on) then menu find cams if it's not there press 6666 and a new menu will appear enter your cline details in cccam change it to newcamd if your using a nline piece of piss done in 10 mins then let all ya friends n family know and charge them 20 quid for setting it up for them until you've made ya money back to pay for your own box or make a bit more and buy yourself a better box

Great thanks a lot. Looking forward to getting it... hope it comes today... :-)

So is there a new channel list as I'd presume that sticky was up to date.... guess I need to do some reading between the differences of a cline and a nline.....

Oh.... and when you say better box what would you recommend....

Thanks again. ;-)

Any broadcom enigma 2 box like a miraclebox premium mini twin £150 or if your not bothered about recording and watching another channel a single tuner medi@link IXUSS ZERO for £90

Well thanks all, got the box today, first impressions, menu's a little basic and the graphics are as well, but hey after all it's for watching the TV and not playing with the menu system, will attach a hard drive to it and see if I can get "PVR" working etc. that would be great, now just have to wait for some one to reply to me in the "request" a sealion thread :)

Posted this in the "are you happy with your openbox" thread but thought I'd also share in this thread.

Ordered an openbox V8s and got it all up and running in about 10 minutes.

It's OK I guess for the money, couple of down side's to it, the pictures a little washed out, was like this on the dream 500s that I used to own, so whites are like bland and a little super white than what it should be in areas that should have a little white/colour.

It's pretty neat and a lot faster on loading than the linux boxes that I've owned so can't complain on that side of things, haven't had a chance to whack a HDD onto it and see what the recording is like, I'd have liked a box that would also stream media from my home server but hey guess you can't have it all.

EPG would be good, to see what was coming up, I think it's got some sort of EPG so will have a look at it and see what it's all about.

As for now, well guess I'm pleased with it, I'd score it so for 6/10 maybe it'll improve but I think I'll be looking for a new box at some point.

Hey guys can anyone help, i have a android tablet with a HDMI port, an i want to connect it to my TV I've bought a mini HDMI adapter but when I try to connect it to my TV the pictures upside down pls help

Turn the tablet upside downlol

Seriously---my wife has an android tablet [poor soul] and she was doing what you are doing and got same result---on the touch screen, turn the picture 180 degrees, then reconnect to tv and it should show correct---note that I said should [my wife is blonde so I never ask for simple explanations on how she does things]:whistling:
Reaper.

Hey reaper thanks for the reply but I tried that already , it doesn't matter what way the tablet is , every time I plug my HDMI in it goes upside down regardless what way I turn my tablet but thanks anyway

matey, no disrespect but this thread wasn't about "tablets" lol..... why not try in the correct "Topic" and i'm sure you'd get a lot more views etc. :)

A bit of humour and a helping hand never hurts anyone Mr SD---If it's in your way then always request a mod to move the post to where it should be. [End]
As for the V8s then lets talk---I have one and it took a bit longer than 10mins to set up including entering lines and channel scanning on sats etc.
Then there's the DLNA and IPTV to absorb and I'm sure you will have discovered that not many of the IPTV channels connect, so you have to build your own list from the free tv sites and enter to box or download a sub [not cheap but not bad]
This box is a complete circle of interest but a lot of non-techs are going to need a hand---hopefully, you will be around to help them with your knowledge.
Reaper.

Hey StrawDog - got one of these boxes turning up tomorrow myself - anything I should be aware of or was it just plug and play for you?

Cheers :)

Hey man. Just turned it on and away it went. Added a line n sorted. Didn't need to update channels or anything like that. Plugged a hdd in for recording and epg and sorted within minutes. There a bit basic but work. I do find the colours a bit washed out...Other than that. all good. ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

so the web tv side of this can you put your own add on on these boxes or is it all in the firmware and i see there is an update out for it already to fix dump issue anyone know what the issue was as i have just ordered a box cheers guys

I've never had a play with the web TV side of things, but will do over the next few days, as for the "dump" and the new firmware, then point me in the right direction and I'll have a look, I "dumped" the box ok to a HDD..... :)

I've never had a play with the web TV side of things, but will do over the next few days, as for the "dump" and the new firmware, then point me in the right direction and I'll have a look, I "dumped" the box ok to a HDD..... :)
there two updates on the skybox.cc site m8 ive got a box coming soon so was asking i like the look of streaming

Back