Setting up ZGEMMA - STAR S getting freeview channels and nothing else.

danmur93

Hello all,

First post here looking for a bit of help please!
Bought a ZGEMMA - STAR S the other day through a guy my friend buys off. Guy is away on holiday for a week and having a bit of trouble with the channels.

Set it up last night and the planner comes up with every channel but I only seem to be getting freeview channels. Like ITV, ITV 2 etc all in HD but no BT Sports, SkySports, Movies etc.

Does anyone know of anything I may be doing wrong or something I can do to correct this?

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you.

and you need a special add on for 'some' channels. try searching through the specific zgemma section and you should soon get up to speed with 'stuff'

You've got a lot of reading to do pal, all the info you need is here on this site. It's hard to help you at the moment until you understand the basics. Come back once you understand how the box works etc. [emoji6]

The guy I got it from says everything should be working fine. From what I've read it looks like I've set it up as just freesat channels and no sky channels but is confusing as it comes up as a tv planner with the channels showing. I'll have a look tonight and see how I get on!

Thanks for the help

---------- Post Merged at 12:17 PM ----------

Haha yeah thought it was just as simple as plugging it in. Got it from a reliable source who said every channel should be working but seems to be just freesat channels

There's a couple of set up guides on here, I can't link you to one at the moment as I'm on my phone, but everything you need is here [emoji3]

Edit: it's probably something simple

The guy I got it from says everything should be working fine. From what I've read it looks like I've set it up as just freesat channels and no sky channels but is confusing as it comes up as a tv planner with the channels showing. I'll have a look tonight and see how I get on!

Thanks for the help

---------- Post Merged at 12:17 PM ----------

Haha yeah thought it was just as simple as plugging it in. Got it from a reliable source who said every channel should be working but seems to be just freesat channels
first of all make sure your box is connect to the internet that may be your only problem.

See if it wasn't connected to internet, would freesat channels still come up? I'll have a good look tonight and see how I get on hopefully get it working!

See if it wasn't connected to internet, would freesat channels still come up? I'll have a good look tonight and see how I get on hopefully get it working!
yes you can get freesat channels without internet but not pay channels , think you'll have to do a bit of reading to get clued in its all on here.

Any help with file zilla . Ive got a zgemma and using filezilla to ftp my gift but unsure where to any help appreciated. Im using a mac computer aswell

ETC / KEYS then overwrite the file if your provider has set the file for a E2 type box

or go into ETC / KEYS then amended the file with your details

i have a macbook pro and use Cyberduck as my FTP program as it seems easier than filezilla on a mac

looks like the usual process, one thread becomes two so you don't now who needs what !

for the original poster, if its all set up AND you have connected it to the internet with an Ethernet cable - press blue button, select softcam manager, go to softcams, then scroll left or right for the right cam - prob mg.cam 1.35 or similar - then press restart button

for the second poster - your line goes in usr/keys folder via ftp

for BOTH posters, get yer reading glasses on and start reading all the posts, all the info you need has already been posted many times !

looks like the usual process, one thread becomes two so you don't now who needs what !

for the original poster, if its all set up AND you have connected it to the internet with an Ethernet cable - press blue button, select softcam manager, go to softcams, then scroll left or right for the right cam - prob mg.cam 1.35 or similar - then press restart button

for BOTH posters, get yer reading glasses on and start reading all the posts, all the info you need has already been posted many times !

Thanks mate, I'll try this tonight. Appreciate the help

Hello MisterB, thanks for the information. All sorted now, worked a treat.

Back