Setting upnew Vu+ Duo2 box

edd_mcn

Got the box and used bees guide for getting things up and running although I haven't activated the cable side yet, just twin sat. Im having problems with the mgcamd which doesn't seem to automatically start up all the channels when the box boots up even though Ive got the green tick and its set to start automatically. Im basically having to go in and restart the mgcamd to get it working on al channels. Ive tried switching it to my cccam file which works perfectly every time with no issues but I was hoping to use the mgcamd file. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Im using the mgcamd 1.38c

Ive attached a pic of what my camd file looks like

Was there anything else Ive not downloaded or am I just doing something stupid?

Last edited:
You don't need the keep alive bit, or the lan server 1 at the end, just your line.

I set up a Gigablue once and had the same issue.

It would run 1.35a but not 1.38, no idea why.

Set up two of the same boxes on the same day, one was fine and the other had this glitch.

Maybe wait for Vix to bring out a new release, download it straight to the box over the net and try it again.

Last edited:
You don't need the keep alive bit, or the lan server 1 at the end, just your line.

I set up a Gigablue once and had the same issue.

It would run 1.35a but not 1.38, no idea why.

Set up two of the same boxes on the same day, one was fine and the other had this glitch.

Maybe wait for Vix to bring out a new release, download it straight to the box over the net and try it again.

Cheers bees, Ive had to hide the box just now as missus is kicking about and haven't had the stones to tell her Ive bought one yet. Hopefully when I do, she doesn't do a bit of googling to find out how much it costed!! Lol!

Is it normal for some of the channels on the EPG to be missing the info? Or is there another plugin I need to download that's better?

Sometimes when you first switch it on (from standby)the EPG isn't complete
but it should fill itself up once it's been on for a bit.

Cable EPG doesn't seem to have many gaps and is always virtually complete, but the sat EPG seems to have more gaps.

Sometimes when you first switch it on (from standby)the EPG isn't complete
but it should fill itself up once it's been on for a bit.

Cable EPG doesn't seem to have many gaps and is always virtually complete, but the sat EPG seems to have more gaps.

The help/advice is appreciated bees and sorry for bombarding you with loads of questions but even though Ive been tinkering with the box and doing a lot of googling, I think its best to ask the experts rather than end up with a *** quid paperweight!

Last edited:
Remove your pic mate or your line will get used by someone else and posted on web !!

1.38 works fine for me no issues at all using , make sure your mg_cfg is correct though as line L: causes loads of problems for people as a lot of the time its incorrect in the images
which eppg you using ?

Remove your pic mate or your line will get used by someone else and posted on web !!

1.38 works fine for me no issues at all using , make sure your mg_cfg is correct though as line L: causes loads of problems for people as a lot of the time its incorrect in the images
which eppg you using ?

Thanks for that mate, pic deleted although I did make a few changes to the numbrs and name of server etc so hopefully shouldn't do anybody any good. Do you know what Line L should be? With regards to EPG, Im not exactly sure which one Im using. I just did everything exactly from bees guide:

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

FTP to your box if line L looks like this in the below in the mg_cfg

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

then change it to this
L: { 00 }

also your epg wont download till net day unless you tell it to, im not sure which epg bees uses but ill take a look

FTP to your box if line L looks like this in the below in the mg_cfg

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

then change it to this
L: { 00 }

also your epg wont download till net day unless you tell it to, im not sure which epg bees uses but ill take a look

Will do mate, my line is looking much like the one you've posted so Ill make changes and see if that helps.

if your grabbed the Mg_cfg files from that other thread then Line L is wrong and will cause problems with you running online updates and also DDos your network and mgcamd restarting because of that

also personally id keep the keep alive state on your newcamd.list to stop your box from disconnecting with the server

posted my mg_cfg View attachment mg_cfg.rar

Last edited:
All working now edd_mcn ?

Sorry mate not tried yet, got carried away with the footie! Once the games done ill let you know how I get on. Thanks again for your help

---------- Post Merged at 03:24 PM ----------

All working now edd_mcn ?

Mgcamd seems to be working now fine now mate. I basically used the mgcamd138 softcam plugin and then used that mg_cfg file that you've posted above as yours looked different to the one that got sent from my provider along with my newcamd.list file. Now onto picons and EPG for some more fun! Thanks again

[/QUOTE]
Mgcamd seems to be working now fine now mate. I basically used the mgcamd138 softcam plugin and then used that mg_cfg file that you've posted above as yours looked different to the one that got sent from my provider along with my newcamd.list file. Now onto picons and EPG for some more fun! Thanks again[/QUOTE]

yeah though that was the issue, loads people had issue with the mgcamd restarting and its the mg_cfg usually at error

picons put onto your hdd, personally i run my epg on to a separate usb stick in rear, advised by few people that it causes less strain on the hdd, it also holds my latest box image for if and when i need to flash

dont have epg and image on usb stick if you want to reflash as god knows what will happen,backup managed will make a copy of current image to hdd if you need to redo it.

dont have epg and image on usb stick if you want to reflash as god knows what will happen,backup managed will make a copy of current image to hdd if you need to redo it.

its fine causes no issues, the vu flash files sit within a folder not on the root

Back