Settings For Pre-Loader V.29

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi all,
I know that We have discussed this before, but in all my searching and reading I can't find the posts that discuss it.
I have run Trucha Bug Restorer, then installed preloader, but i enable do not allow disc update, enable do not allow internet update.
Then I exit the preloader and there is pixelated writing on the screen saying something like" system tiles corrupted, refer to wii manual for details"
I have backed up the nand and keys so i am not worried about getting back to where i should be.
though i must say when this happened with a lad from works on saturday, i nearly had a sh1te haeommorage. I ran bootmii, and reinstalled the nand and the keys

any help will be appreciated
Wheelo

Wheelo,just do the do not allow disc update and see do you get the same thing,then it could be the version of preloader as in you might need prii or whatever the latest version is,simple one also make sure the hacks.ini is for the right region

After Messing About With The Settings, Here Is What I Came Up With:-

in Systemmenu hacks:-
all disabled except
auto press A at health screen .......enabled
Block Disk Updates........................enabled
block online updates.....................enabled

and in settings:-
autoboot .....systemmenu
return to .....systemmenu
the next 5 are set to .....off
system menu ios........249

i think my problem was the system menu IOS was set to ios 70 for some reason, when i changed it to 249 all worked as it should. it will go back to the Wii menu and when i want to start up the preloader, i can just hold the reset button and up pops the pre loader menu.

if any of these settings are wrong in your opinion, just let me know and i will change them around

cheers Sinno, at least its working again.
This one I got in cash convertors on parnell street for €100 for my sister who just got her own house. it was a black one, so a hard drive is needed. when i looked in the diary part it had been used 4 times in february, and then obviously pawned..Sad to think about, but my sisters gain. It came with one controller with motion plus and one nunchuck. also, sports resort

Wheelo,sorry i'm late getting back to you on this,mine is set to ios 70
If your on 4.2 did you use the patched ios 70(free the bug)wad
If i remember right thats what i did
or you can try this
---Run Trucha Bug Restorer from homebrew channel.
---1. Choose IOS249 and press A. (Important)
---2. Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
---3. Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
------3-1. Install IOS to slot (36)
------3-2. Hash check (trucha) YES
------3-3. ES_Identity YES
------3-4. Nand Permissions YES
---4. Then press A on install patched IOS36,
------4-1. Press A on SD Card when it asks and exit when it's done.
if its 4.2 i think you will need the wad method

Sinno, my own Wii is on ios 60, but i updated to 4.1 using something that you gave me.
the black one that we are talking about is working on Ios 249(4.2), have configurable loader installed and working, should i even try to change anything??
I ran trucha bug restorer before i installed the preloader. the free the bug ios70, is that the dop ios part of the process?, if so should i do it again?

Wheelo the free the bug was a patched ios70,its so long ago now im not sure if its even needed,i think the wii is fine though,have a read Here

Back