Setup on Zgemma H2S

MS2857

I have also purchased a Zgemma H2S. But I am having issues with the setup.
I have it in a state where I can watch the free channels on Sky , but cannot get the ccam file to work. While doing this I had a further problem where my box when booted, would only go upto 50. Then stopped loading.
I got round this by downloading from the Zgemma's website the firmware again...loaded Openvix. (but even that I was not sure if that was the correct firmware?)
So put firmware on usb stick and booted and it loaded. Now my box loads but software does not seem to be the same.
Was that the correct fireware?
I am now back to being able to see the sky channel that you do not pay for, but nothing else. If this is any help...my EPG is only loaded ing channel I can use...no sky movies or sport.
I have a gift from TLD and am in contact but still no joy.
Would I be better downloading one of the builds, if so could someone point me to a link for a build.
As you may have guessed by now I am a total novices to this sky system setup, but I got my head round a Kodi system.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

MS2857

Hi all
As above I have upgraded from an openbox V8S.
I didn't realise just how much more their is to this one. please bear in mind I am fast approaching 60 years old and tend to ramble on a bit.
i have spent hous and hours getting it to work.I installed openatv 5.3 and everything works fine apart from my cline.
The line itself is good it works fine on the openbox. I put the CCcam.cfg file in usr/keys no problem. CCcam 2.3.0 is active.
Also the lines show in CCcam server info and says connected, although the icons next to the lines are red. I have done numerous reboots
uninstalled and reinstalled CCcam 2.3.0 several times, to no avail. I am now very tired and frustrated, can anyone help please.
Regards Dredd

One more thing to help with my problem..When I select the Newcamd.list and push start (green button)
I get this message...No config files found, please setup MGcamd first in /user/keys.
Someone please explain how I do this......:willy nilly:

guys have a read of my barebones guide at the top of the zgemma 2s forum.
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84949-bare-bones-openatv-new-setup-guide.html

dredd... if you go into cccam info and the icon is red on server status, then your line is not working. The icon is green for an active line.
It is probably limited to just one box. If it's on openbox it probably won't work on zgemma at the same time. Turn off your openbox when testing it on your zgemma.

ms2857... here are the correct location for your files, depending which build you are using. Note there is 2 files if using mgcamds . Only 1 file if using CCcams

Cccam.cfg

OpenVix: /etc folder
OpenATV: /usr/keys folder

-----------------------------------------------

mg_cfg and newcamd.list this goes in

OpenVix: /usr/keys
OpenATV: /usr/keys

Hi again
Seem that I have a further problem. I been trying to install the builds from the forum.
But when I plug in the usb with the build the box does not flash, just loads as normal.
Can someone help please.

Create your newcamd.list using notepad++ are you sure you have a cline or nline? Sometimes notepad doesn't save in the right file format.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi all
As above I have upgraded from an openbox V8S.
I didn't realise just how much more their is to this one. please bear in mind I am fast approaching 60 years old and tend to ramble on a bit.
i have spent hous and hours getting it to work.I installed openatv 5.3 and everything works fine apart from my cline.
The line itself is good it works fine on the openbox. I put the CCcam.cfg file in usr/keys no problem. CCcam 2.3.0 is active.
Also the lines show in CCcam server info and says connected, although the icons next to the lines are red. I have done numerous reboots
uninstalled and reinstalled CCcam 2.3.0 several times, to no avail. I am now very tired and frustrated, can anyone help please.
Regards Dredd
Make sure you delete any other softcams other than the one you need.

Hi again all
I decided to download and instal wooshbuild (thanks wooshman) and using his cam importer it still wouldn't work:taz:.
I then rechecked my line format and suddenly realized I was using an old line:oops:.
Anyway I learned a little bit and everything seems to be working perfectly ,apart from software update.
It says I have 2 available updates, but when I try to update it says your image is out of date, warns of problems should I try,
so i try anyway and it trys but fails to install the updates.
Any ideas? I thought maybe it expects 5.3.

Regards Dredd

Dredd24
Please answer a question for me.
When download a user's build E.G like wooshbuild, This is a zip or rar. file.
Do you put the zip/rar file as it is on the usb stick. Or do you extract from zip/rar first then put it on USB stick?

Many thanks in advance.

Dredd24
Do you put the zip/rar file as it is on the usb stick. Or do you extract from zip/rar first then put it on USB stick?

Many thanks in advance.
There is guides online, step by step. Follow then and your sorted. But to answer to your question. Yes you unzip the folder and move the extracted folder to your USB stick.

Hi again all
I decided to download and instal wooshbuild (thanks wooshman) and using his cam importer it still wouldn't work:taz:.
I then rechecked my line format and suddenly realized I was using an old line:oops:.
Anyway I learned a little bit and everything seems to be working perfectly ,apart from software update.
It says I have 2 available updates, but when I try to update it says your image is out of date, warns of problems should I try,
so i try anyway and it trys but fails to install the updates.
Any ideas? I thought maybe it expects 5.3.

Regards Dredd
I'm also having this issue, its not clear that it has installed?

Dredd24

Many thanks in advance.

You must unzip the file so that on your usb stick you have just one folder zgemma in it, just as the instructions?guide posted above.
You must follow the instructions step by step then you can,t go wrong. I didn't first time and got ahead of myself and couldn't
understand why i had no epg amongst other things. Then reread and realized the basebuild is just a basic install, that you need
to allow you to update online to the full install. Once I followed the instuctions properly it is all worked perfectly.

Regards Dredd

as a novice to these boxes i too did not install wooshman build on my first go, im too inpatient :grin: but i read carefully the instructions after half an hour it was up and running watching tv :grin:
i can say this is my favorite software for these boxes, ive tried a few too....

Would the build correct any download issues I may have with my box?????
Reason I ask, I cannot download mgcamd 1.38 from the plugins nor can I see the softcams on my box.
Could this be a fireware issue.

Any help would be great and thanks to you all that's helped so far.

If you download it, it disappears from the download list. Make sure you press left or right on your remote control to scroll thru your cams, also make sure you delete all the softcams u don't use or need.

Just want to say a big thanks to all that helped me on my troubled time with my box. But together we have worked it out. I am all up and running. Working lovely.

Back