Skin Modder

AJP007

Hi Guys,
looking for a Skin Fixer/Modder who would be interested in Fixing/Updating my favourite Skin for ALL newest version openPLi and openATV images.
I would be prepared to donate as many Beers or Doughnuts he needs to get the Job Done.:whistle:
If anyone is interested and answers here i will POST the Skin and he can have a look at it.
I have the Skin makers permission to Post and Mod his Skin. NO issues whatsoever. The Team who made the original Skin is NO longer active.

I am using Octagon SF8008 - Amiko Viper 4K - Dreambox 800seV2 - DM900 UHD.
The images i prefer are openPLi and openATV.
Currently on openPLi 8.3 updating to newer versions is OK - openATV 6.4 is OK and working BUT cannot update the openATV to a higher version as the Skin keeps crashing.
If anybody is interested please let me know....NO RUSH :sunglasses:
cheers with kindest regards
Andrew

are you sure there are no existing skins that work on py3 and look similar to the one you want modded?

What skin is it ? someone may know of a similar one

There are no skinners left on this site afaik, only dabblers.
What's so special about this particular skin? I would imagine it only works on python 2.
This is my favourite SKIN....I have been using it for many years after EchostarLT8700/EStarBoxes/Dreambox/DomicaTeam/ with various SIMS.
Then moved onto Japhar Sim from the Old Dreambox/Ferrari Team.
BUT, the Dreamboxes are like WIN 8.1 reaching END of LIfe, So, I Update all my Boxes to the best available with Multiboot , Fairbird the SkinMaker Modded this for me to work on most openPLi images.
Using Dreambox 900 UHD, Amiko 4K Viper and of course the workhorse Octagon SF8008. Up to openATV 6.4 ALL was fine, but now with things moving ON again IT no longer works in the new
oATV images........OPLi 8.3 still works, but am having problems with IPTV - JediMaker and EPG. Dont know if its Skin related, just thinking it could be.
Another downfall is VPN it is NOT supported by oPLi Team. Have asked them on several occasions without a satisfactory reply.(n)
So cannot even install on the oPLi image which still supports the Skin pretty well.
Willo you pointed out it could be a Python issue? Have read that this Python update has a negative effect on the Image and Skin. I have absolutely no idea about Python 2, 2.7 or 3 upgrades.
Would you like to have a look at it. in all its glory? See the attachments below dated 2021. pt.1
SO i would like to keep my favourite Skin and have it modified to support the new image version changes.
That's ALL, willing to reward the person who takes this on with Beer, Doughnuts and Fish&Chips. :whistle:
Cheers, kindest regards
Andrew

Attachments

• 01_Turbo_Main Menu.jpg
    01_Turbo_Main Menu.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 09_Turbo_Channel Info p.2.jpg
    09_Turbo_Channel Info p.2.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 24
  • 08_Turbo_Channel Info p.1.jpg
    08_Turbo_Channel Info p.1.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 07_Turbo_Provider Selection.jpg
    07_Turbo_Provider Selection.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 06_Turbo_Channel Section.jpg
    06_Turbo_Channel Section.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 28
  • 05_Turbo_Setup Menu.jpg
    05_Turbo_Setup Menu.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 04_Turbo_EPG Next_Needs Fixing.jpg
    04_Turbo_EPG Next_Needs Fixing.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 03_Turbo_EPG_Now (Correct).jpg
    03_Turbo_EPG_Now (Correct).jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 03_Turbo_EPG Now_Needs Fixing.jpg
    03_Turbo_EPG Now_Needs Fixing.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 02_Turbo_Extension Menu.jpg
    02_Turbo_Extension Menu.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 19
This is my favourite SKIN....I have been using it for many years after EchostarLT8700/EStarBoxes/Dreambox/DomicaTeam/ with various SIMS. Now moved onto Japhar Sim from the Old Dreambox/Ferrarri Team.
The Dreamboxes are like WIN 8.1 reaching END of LIfe, So, I Update all my Boxes to the best available with Multiboot , Fairbird the SkinMaker Modded this for me to work on most openPLi images.
Using Dreambox 900 UHD, Amiko 4K Viper and of course the workhorse Octagon SF8008. Up to openATV 6.4 ALL was fine, but now with things moving ON again IT no longer works in the new
oATV images........OPLi 8.3 still works, but am having problems with IPTV - JediMaker and EPG. Dont know if its Skin related, just thinking it could be.
Another downfall is VPN it is NOT supported by oPLi Team. Have asked them on several occasions without a satisfactory reply.(n)
So cannot even install on the oPLi image which still supports the Skin pretty well.
Willo you pointed out it could be a Python issue? Have read that this Python update has a negative effect on the Image and Skin. I have absolutely no idea about Python 2, 2.7 or 3 upgrades.
Would you like to have a look at it. in all its glory? See the attachments below dated 2021. pt.1
SO i would like to keep my favourite Skin and have it modified to support the new image version changes.
That's ALL, willing to reward the person who takes this on with Beer, Doughnuts and Fish&Chips. :whistle:
Cheers, kindest regards
Andrew
pt.2 Here is the"Turbo .ipkfile" that Fairbird modded for me in Dec 2021

PS..
I have go away to France again tonight be back late week or early next week, will try to check in evenings for a quick look Thanks

Attachments

• 10_Turbo_PluginBrowser.jpg
    10_Turbo_PluginBrowser.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 10
  • 11_Turbo_Timer Menu_Needs Fixing.jpg
    11_Turbo_Timer Menu_Needs Fixing.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 12_Turbo_StandBy_Restart Menu.jpg
    12_Turbo_StandBy_Restart Menu.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 13_TurboTuner_Scan_Menu.jpg
    13_TurboTuner_Scan_Menu.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 14_Turbo_Graphic EPG.jpg
    14_Turbo_Graphic EPG.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Skin-Turbo-MOD-By-RAED.ipk.rar
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I think, unless you can get a proper skinner to have a look, you will be stuck with using older images. ..... Which is fine, plenty of people on here sticking with ATV 6.4 so that they can use their favourite builds and plugins.

I'm still using Windows 8.1 ! smile.png

@Willo3092 , Yes I also stayed with 8.1 pro until just recently, did NOT want to change but too many proggies NOT working properly.
So was forced to upgrade to Win 10. pro. regret doing it Win 10 pro is crap. (n)Anyway back to theme.

OK, i have NOT given up hope that maybe a SKINNER would take this on and Help me out.
I am still using ATV6.4 but am having ALL sorts of problems . I did a Software Update thru Box and its now dated 17.04.2023

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:
Why won't the original skinner update it?
It seems massively complicated to me and far beyond my limited capabilities.

Even the master has given up on ATV 6.4 and python 2.7 now.

I don't think an online update is wise, or even possible ! puzzled.gif
Bite the bullet and do a fresh flash and try some different skins, there are lots of good ones out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why won't the original skinner update it?
It seems massively complicated to me and far beyond my limited capabilities.

Even the master has given up on ATV 6.4 and python 2.7 now.

I don't think an online update is wise, or even possible View attachment 89848
Bite the bullet and do a fresh flash and try some different skins, there are lots of good ones out there.
Totally agree how long do people think these old images will be supported for.

@Willo3092 , Yes I also stayed with 8.1 pro until just recently, did NOT want to change but too many proggies NOT working properly.
So was forced to upgrade to Win 10. pro. regret doing it Win 10 pro is crap. (n)Anyway back to theme.

OK, i have NOT given up hope that maybe a SKINNER would take this on and Help me out.
I am still using ATV6.4 but am having ALL sorts of problems . I did a Software Update thru Box and its now dated 17.04.2023

Cheers
Andrew
No skinner is going touch that andrew its time for a change pal. I have used a superb Xtrend ET 8500 for a number of years running SlyK skin the box will not run hvec 265 stream so i purchased a new one also updated the skin and firmware to python 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your support and answers Lads,
@Willo3092, for obvious reasons known to us all the orginal Skinner and his Team cannot be contacted since last year Feb 2022

@moshibeth, i think it only needs a trim, like making it compatible with python 2 and python 3. I have looked at other Skins but have not yet sourced one i really like and which works.

Will keep on waiting for someone who likes Beer and Doughnuts to take pity and do the Job. Hope never dies. ;-)
Cheers
Andrew

Thanks for your support and answers Lads,
@Willo3092, for obvious reasons known to us all the orginal Skinner and his Team cannot be contacted since last year Feb 2022

@moshibeth, i think it only needs a trim, like making it compatible with python 2 and python 3. I have looked at other Skins but have not yet sourced one i really like and which works.

Will keep on waiting for someone who likes Beer and Doughnuts to take pity and do the Job. Hope never dies. ;-)
Cheers
Andrew
Andrew please get a grip son this is never going to happen i wish you all the best. (y)

I'm not a skinner nor a real coder but did put together a couple of pluggins, converting from Py2 to Py3 is not 'just a trim' unfortunately, there are a number of changes that would need to be made, and even though each one isn't a biggy, finding everything in the existing code can be a nightmare, you only need to miss one change and it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Back