sky hacking dreamboxes and removing cccam? (bs??)

satmanUK

TK Veteran
i found this on another board (dw)

Oryt lads.

Turned on one of my DM500s client box's the other day to no pay channels and this message:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2q2cjlg8ngrssr/Capture.PNG

When I FTP'd into the box the CCcam.cfg file was gone! Dunno what mechanism they could have used to insert that message onto the screen.

Things to note:
-My ISP is Sly
-The box password was default
-I had done a factory reboot on the router (stock Sly Router) a few days prior to finding this message, not sure if this sort of thing does or does not influence their being able to detect your activity.
-I hadn't turned on the tellie for a few weeks so don't know when this message actually surfaced.

I've since reinserted the cccam.cfg and changed the box password from default and all's well so far, no contact from the men in suits.
chainsaw.gif

Cheers

Crazy

real or fake?

I doubt a company as big as these would hack into somebody's private equipment, have the legal right do it and leave no digital finger print while doing it.

Maybe the user deleted it by accident?

I call bullshit, another scare monger probably post by gillster.

---------- Post Merged at 10:27 PM ----------

World match play darts I beleive was in June as well, strange just to post now.

i know for a fact that csp had a dreambox plugin to send messages to remind people of payments ect as freely posted on the net

maybe it was a gift guy scaring him lol

Had a sea lion supplier for my skyboxf3s..Dumped him & got a new reputable one..Problem is when I try to install new one the green circle says off line. Could the previous supplier be keeping us captive..? It also happened to a pal who returned to previous supplier & np's..Could he remotely be blocking box from reinstalling new sea lion or blocking IP ? I won't be held to ransom & have had to stay on FTA. Can anybody help?

Not possible that a supplier can block your box. the line point is on your box and you can change it at any time to point to a new supplier.

Had a sea lion supplier for my skyboxf3s..Dumped him & got a new reputable one..Problem is when I try to install new one the green circle says off line. Could the previous supplier be keeping us captive..? It also happened to a pal who returned to previous supplier & np's..Could he remotely be blocking box from reinstalling new sea lion or blocking IP ? I won't be held to ransom & have had to stay on FTA. Can anybody help?
When you load your line make sure you tick it and reboot the box if you un tick the other line its not used If its that bad just delete it

I got the box originally from the same supplier. cant recall if he took details of my ip which is static. Or if he has a password on box, in order to send it a command? It really is frustrating.Common sense says it is better to proceed delicately. Even if it runs counter to ones own natural instincts.

No broadband ip address is static on a normal setup. if you have set it to be static then you are just asking for problems. having your computer hacked. am sure your supplier as more better things to do than want to chat to your box.

It is perfectly possible to send messages to Dreamboxes and it is possible for the greymen at S** broadband to monitor your use of their product.
I was raided by the spooks from N** about 5years ago when I was serving to clients via dreams and D boxes. My visit was at 12.30 [lunchtime] and there was 1 agent, 1 bailiff and a very p**sed off police lady [actually one of my clients but I told her quietly to phone home and pull the plug]My son hid the HDD with clients on it and pulled the server plug but they confiscated my server, pc, smargoes, cards and 2 s** boxes leaving just a load of cables. Taken to the cop shop--charged and about 2hrs later released on police bail.
The charges were dropped--no clients list and the foreign cards returned to me by police but the rest of the kit was confiscated and I am banned from using or obtaining any S** products. So, I moved my systems overseas and with some good friends [members] reset up but not for UK clients.
So do not under estimate the incredible powers of the Men from Murdoch [I did and it backfired]
Reaper.

Is it possible for the supplier to hack you?

Also with the ethernet cable connected to the box can the ISP know what you are doing and track you?

Jf people know their stuff then yes you are open to hacking---change passwords--install a good anti-virus and firewall etc etc but no-one is totally safe--ask the pentagon and yes your isp can monitor you---plenty of articles in papers and tv as how they catch nasties. But, just think---you are hacking pay tv so why can't they hack you.:boo:
Reaper.

Jf people know their stuff then yes you are open to hacking---change passwords--install a good anti-virus and firewall etc etc but no-one is totally safe--ask the pentagon and yes your isp can monitor you---plenty of articles in papers and tv as how they catch nasties. But, just think---you are hacking pay tv so why can't they hack you.:boo:
Reaper.

Oh man now I am worried.

But what I am saying is how do suppliers actually hack you?

Also how will the ISP monitor you if the ethernet cable is just to decrypt the server?

lollollol------------ip's attract hacking [if known] There's also a nice little tool available on the net which can actually locate your address if your ip is known. Your isp doesn't need the ethernet cable to monitor your activities, they have your ip, name and address already, along with thousands/millions of others.
Are you still worried?:whistling:
Reaper,

PS--do you remember that old song "They're coming to take me away, Ha Ha"?:bye:

---------- Post Merged at 12:59 AM ----------

Now where's Ted Luxton and Cactikid when you need them?lol
Reaper.

Back