Sky q and sky + same dish different lnb

Hey guys, just wanted some help if possible...

Just got sky q it needed a lnb change, my old sky plus will not work on this lnb so my question is... can I use the same dish for two different lnbs. I would need them both to have same frequency, can this be done with one dish?

Long story is sky q multi room (more than one box) cost £99 each but are subscription free, so maybe in the long run it might work out cheaper right now I don't have that money.

Thanks for reading

Happy Xmas all

I would think your sky plus box card would be deactivated so recording won't be possible and only free to view channels will work, you can get a hybrid lnb that will accept normal sat as well as sky q

Sorry I should of said my sky plus is still running my partner has that in her name.

Could you link me to anything that I could buy, total newbie.

If they've used an existing dish just ring them up and say you have a freesat box or tv and you can't use it now and they should fit it for you that seems to be what most people are doing

My friend rang them last weekend she didn't know about the lnb not working on her "skybox" she blagged it saying she used Freeview upstairs for the kids and sky came out 2 days later and changed the lnb free of charge. I was shocked when I found out

Back