skybox F5 dead

theprouty

Hoping for some good advice my box went dead the other day, the lights flash on the lan cable but no numbers on the front or LED's any advice please

You have two options

1. Try to recover it with the RS232 serial cable method. (may work may and may not)

2. Or just buy a v9s they are very cheap about £35 ish, you get new remote, new box, works well. Saves you the hassle

I advise to steer clear of the V9s at present because there seems to be a lack of support, some very bad clones appearing and very few full box instructions---either stick with and take your chance with an openbox V8s or branch out and try other well recommended boxes but remember---it's your discision and your money plus the limit of your technical knowhow.
Reaper.

Yes i agree with reaper ditch the F5 steer clear of the v9s lack of support.I had a f5s for two years same problem as you spent hours trying to get it back to life in the end brought a new box got a FREESAT V7 MAX cheap easy to set up great picture love it cheap TV hope this helps pablo123456

We are very glad you like your V7 Pablo---now a great seller for those on a budget or just wanting a pure wifi box.
Reaper.

I think its fantastic for the price reaper not to hard to get your head round it I had no problems with setting favorites channel list putting on line or WIFI just flows top marks to WINSAT thanks
pablo

hi, after 3 years of using F5, today morning it just gone dead. Only lights from Ethernet cable is on. i opened the box but F5 is a single board unlike F3, which have separate power card. Have anyone repaired such things before or do anyone have a circuit diagram for F5?
PS - i did tried changing the 220 uF cap (first in line) but still dead. so need circuit diagram to look into detail.

Back