Skybox f5 stuck on LOAD?

Hi, Im having this problem, but the way I have been able to get around it is to, remove the hdmi cable from the skybox before turning the box on, let the box load up and when it gets past 100% put the hdmi cable back in. Its a bit of a pain, this is just in the mean time before I reflash.

can i just ask what causes the box to brick? is is when your trying to upgrade. and does it do it upgrading by usb? my skybox will be arriving tomorrow and i dont want to cock it up lol

hi all,
recently try to scan latest channel list and after complete my skybox f5 stuck at 100%
after re switch on the box it turn to LO40 and stuck there forever.
yesterday try to flash box using RS232 cable and PC
but the erom not showing download progress and nothing happen.
im using erom for skybox f3. can someone give me erom software that working on F5 :)

thank in advance

Hi, My skybox f5 is stuck on the boot load. count's up to 100 the stops and displays l100 on the face. has anyone has this problem. I don't think i can do the recovery with the null cable as the f5 doesn't have a power button on the box and as soon as you plug the power lead it tries to boot. Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi, My skybox f5 is stuck on the boot load. count's up to 100 the stops and displays l100 on the face. has anyone has this problem. I don't think i can do the recovery with the null cable as the f5 doesn't have a power button on the box and as soon as you plug the power lead it tries to boot. Any help would be gratefully received.

If you try the RS232 null modem cable method of flashing, then you just plug in the power supply to the box (or plug in the mains adapter) when asked to switch on the box.

Skybox F3s

I have just ordered a prolific rs232 to USB.

Dont make the mistake I made. The cable came with a male connector and the connector on the box is also male.

I have had to order a gender changer,

Waiting for that and then will try to reflash.

Will keep you posted.

Back