SKYBOX F5S Freezing

theboss84

Hi guys,

Iv'e just bought a Skybox F5S off ebay (over 400 sold)

The box just freezes! nothing is happening.

I initially updated to the latest firmware ff the skybox website.

Uploaded my channel list.

As soon as i switch on the LBN signal to the box a channel will broadast (bbc one for exmple) then after 10 seconds then it freezes and the box is non-responsive. it just shows a frozen image and the menu bar at the bottom. I have to mainly pull the mains out.

I then tried a older fimrware flash and the same thing happens.

The box works fine when there isn't a signal LBN if OFF and not supplying a signal, you can navigate through set up menus and everything.

I'm at a total loss!

did you back everthing up if so roll it back to old settings oh crap you said you did factory reset back your line up first

Last edited:
well it seems not a clone, as you would get mismatch and glad to see you did the basics

you got it not in loop right? at back, never heard of this one as i would say its a lnb problem with volts

are you connected via hdmi? scrart? is the plug a 3 pin or 2 pin?

no like a **** i didn't back up the old firmware.

I got home, plugged it in without the LBN (i have a LBN switch which lets me switch from a slybox and to to the skybox) done the upgrade of the firmware SKYBOX F3S F5S 140122

It's really strange! I had a Skybox M3 before this and it worked fine with no issues. so i'm pretty sure it;s a box issue not the cables.
i'm going to try the first firmware released for the box and see what happens.

connected via HDMi. Like i said it works for around 15 seconds on a channel then freezes.

try with out the switch . and go to last years firmware (nov) as could be trying to update epg in back ground and if no usb stick in it crashes

try with out the switch . and go to last years firmware (nov) as could be trying to update epg in back ground and if no usb stick in it crashes

Tried a direct feed without switch and same problem.

Just tried the oldest firmware available. Still same outcome

2013/08/16SKYBOX F3S F5S 130704
Will try November now but i'm not holding my breathe :(

I don't get how it works for like 15 seconds then FREEZE!! :beg:

---------- Post Merged at 08:54 PM ----------

so that would logical say something from wire and lnb

But why would it work on my M3 previously? i can try the box downstairs. currently a technomate hooked up down there and no problems.

Could it be a problem with the LBN port on the box maybe?

as in power from the plug provided for the box? guess i have to return the bloody thing now!

why did i get rid of the m3!! eh!!

Some sort of power problem when power from lnb added

Like earthing or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back