Skybox f5s ( genuine ) but still getting error E001 after L093

I have a F3s and rebooting loop. Tried so many firmware and still no go.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks

Last edited:
Got my Skybox F5 Working!

No the above mentioned firmware file is for the clone F5s.
I have clone files in my other pc so I will locate and upload for you soonest.
Reaper.

Try this.

View attachment 14466

20151024_110637_resized.jpg

I FINALLY got my Skybox F5 working again after having a E001 Code. Take a look at my picture and make sure your settings match mine, and make sure you are using the EPROM Updater for the F5 or F3 receiver; The updater for the Skybox F5S won't work for the F5. I tried the Firmware that you gave me, Reaper, but it still gave me a E0001 Code. So I tried again with the SB.abs file that is on this forum. It worked after that! Its's still the old Firmware, but at least it's working again. If you made a backup of your Skybox the original .abs file Firmware should be stored on your USB Flash Drive, or wherever you stored it. I used a USB to 9 pin RS-232 Serial cable, and coupled that with another 9 pin Serial Modem Cable, that went into the RS-232 port on the back of the receiver. Make sure the Transmit and Receive Buffer are matched at '8' on the slider controls. Apparently, I either didn't have the cable attached very well to the receiver, or I didn't use enough cable. I don't know why it needs an extra set of cable to make it work, but it does. Thank you very much for your help Reaper! I hope this helps some of you get your Skyboxes working again. :-D

Last edited:
I found out that when you see an E001 code on your box, in Linux it means this: #define EPERM 1 /* Operation not permitted */ or the F/W your using is the wrong one, and to try again. I don't know yet what SEPE means for sure when your box reboots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It's possible that SEPE means Secure Eprom Programming Eprom, since it appears once after you successfully reflash the receiver. But I can't seem to locate what it really stands for.

As I have said before there is no SERE it is actually STRT meaning start after installing firmware.
The E001 after L093 means wrong firmware or clone box.
Reaper.

As I have said before there is no SERE it is actually STRT meaning start after installing firmware.
The E001 after L093 means wrong firmware or clone box.
Reaper.
I stand corrected. Would be nice to somehow have the full on-screen descriptions as to what is happening exactly with the receiver. I just bought two Genuine Verified Skybox F5S receivers. Last night I had some bizarre "E09-" code come on briefly as I powered it off. Not sure what that was, but it corrected itself and they both work great with the exception of occasional locking up. I changed the internet and EPG settings to see if the freezing up will decrease. [emoji2]

You are trying to read too much into these boxes. They are cheap single boarded and made to do a simple job---show tv pictures.
Most faults occur via the user not the box.
No need to unplug box when switched to standby,
Install a barrel switch into the psu line to stop the need to remove psu if rebooting etc.
Use correct firmware.
Always format usb key before use.
Follow the basics and you will have little or no trouble.
I have set up hundreds of these boxes over the last 3 years and 99% still going strong.
Reaper.

Back