Skype Translator

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microsoft's Skype will eventually be able to translate voice calls between people. In an on-stage demo at the Code conference, Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella showed off Skype Translator, an upcoming version of the service that is capable of translating voice conversation in "near real-time" using technology developed by the company's Skype and Translator teams. With it, you can talk in your native language to another user who speaks a different language, and Microsoft will translate it to the other person.

Microsoft's VP of Skype and Lync — said Skype Translator will arrive first as a beta app for Windows 8 by the end of this year. Nadella says the company's eventual goal is to get it on all devices, big or small.

Skype shown automatically translating multilingual voice calls

[video=youtube;eu9kMIeS0wQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu9kMIeS0wQ[/video]

Great innovation, but have you seen how sketchy Google translate (and others) are?
Very hit and miss.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great innovation, but have you seen how sketchy Google translate (and others) are?
Very hit and miss.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Agree totally, but you need to understand how difficult a task this type of technology is, any move forward has to be good I guess. If the beta does launch by the end of this year it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Back