Sparky wanted ! Wifi Wireless Heated Digital Thermostat LCD

StrawDog

TK Veteran
Hey, can buy one from the leccy board at 2k, (lol, ok i'm joking) or I can get one for £15.00.

This is the back of it. (The new one)

5F8D24C6B666C6335551BA03A814A59C9A96CB1414A8CB95CD341487D4AEC7C9C993F513.jpg

and the old one (The front)

20200122_095027.jpg

what's this relay output ? and has the new one got one? or I'm guessing the new one won't need it as it has it's own sensor that comes with it.

s-l1600.jpg

cheers.....

I would say the relay is only needed for that timer, nothing else m8, the new one will switch on with your remote, that will fire over L1 TO L2

The new digital thermostat has N, L, & N1, L1 (n1 & l1 are marked load),
Because the Old stat only has three wires how could I wire the new digital stat? At the moment I have wired- red to live, blue to neutral and yellow to L1, it seems to work fine but need to check if it's correct and safe.

thanks mate, urm L1 to L2 ?

Here's the old one, so of course Live and Neutral, as there's only one wire left the yellow, I take it that's the control so it must go into either L1 or N1?

(p.s what do you mean L1 to L2)

Thanks man

20200122_102948.jpg

20200122_103042.jpg

Last edited:
That new one looks like a UFH stat (underfloor heating) , hence the external probe.
Edit: the new one isn't actually wireless, it's WiFi, for an app on your phone, it needs wired direct ,
It can't be used with a normal boiler without some additional components.

just comes in as a Home Office Wifi LCD Smart Programmable Thermostat Electric Heating App Control, suppose the other one's thermostat is built in, so i could just leave it right next to the new one, still it'll do the same job yeah?

Thanks mate.

738D2493B699A933E6349C9B6314B786B5B967BE14758FB1072556B9D2C7430383CDA013.jpg

just comes in as a Home Office Wifi LCD Smart Programmable Thermostat Electric Heating App Control, suppose the other one's thermostat is built in, so i could just leave it right next to the new one, still it'll do the same job yeah?

Thanks mate.
See my edit

Yep, for electric heating, such as an electric boiler or electric ufh mat.
And not wireless like you are probably thinking, it need a direct connection to the heat source, (mat or electric boiler) , you could use with a gas boiler or similar by using a relay or contactor, depending on your boiler type it may even have a switched 230v stat input.

hang on! it says "Electric heating" OMG!

Baffon post of 2020.....

actually I was just testing you...haha!

urm, think i'll get a coffee.....ahem....something in my eye....brb........:ROFLMAO:

(I shall, ahem, look for a "ahem" gas one")

how do I know about the 230v stat?

hang on! it says "Electric heating" OMG!

Baffon post of 2020.....

actually I was just testing you...haha!

urm, think i'll get a coffee.....ahem....something in my eye....brb........:ROFLMAO:

(I shall, ahem, look for a "ahem" gas one")

how do I know about the 230v stat?
What boiler do you have,?

The stat you have you could take the L out to bk1
But, its not wireless , you have to hard wire that stat to the boiler,
To get what I think you want will need a hive or similar, and they are all sh!t tbh.

wanna be able to control it from away from home, I never know what time i'll be in....that last one states that it does..

wanna be able to control it from away from home, I never know what time i'll be in....that last one states that it does..

That’s fine so you want an app but the actual thermostat you can get wireless or hardwired?

For what you need id say you need hardwired one.

Back