speedo drops -power loss

kiratia

Hi Guys

I was driving in my 1998 for focus 2 days ago when my speedo dropped to 0 and then loss of power followed by the engine stalling , i had no engine managment light stay on and now its doing it atleast 3 times aday , my friend used is reader on my ecu it picked up shift soliniod and mass air flow and also an unknown code p003e , ive looked up about the speedo sensor and its a common problem with the ford focus , but i dont get why its not showing up on the ecu and no engine light coming on , any help with this would be great guys.

Thanks in advance.

a speed sensor wont cause the lack of power and stalling tho.the p003e code refers to some kind of cam sensor. if you google p003e obd2 there is a lot of material on it. is this a turbo charged engine? also check carefully the mass airflow sensor as this is another common problem and is definitely related to your symptoms.sorry i couldnt be more help,im more up on the north american models.

check fuel pressure is not dropping as i had a few 1.4 focus one with fuel pump and other with bad connections on tank unit as these dont log fault codes but could give you a weak lean mixture.

Back