Cable Star H1 won't flash

jakrchris

I copy the sucmnse Zgemma folder on to a clean usb and put it in the rear port of my box (which is turned off). I turn it on using the button on the back, but the box boots instead of flashing. Thanks for reading.

To solve this, you need to low level format the usb stick.

You are copying the folder called 'zgemma' and not the zip file to the usb drive right?

download low level format tool and simply format your usb drive with it.

Download the LLF(Low Level Format) tool here

Once it has installed then navigate to the "LOW-LEVEL FORMAT" tab.
Select your usb drive.
UNTICK 'perform quick wipe' if it is ticked.

Then click format this device.

once that is finished it will appear in the my computer section on your computer.
Simply double click on it and format as fat 32.

Copy the zgemma folder onto it then try again.

If it all goes well then it should work (y)

I've tried this after looking at another thread, it didn't work. Nor did a brand usb stick. I'm copying the 'zgemma' folder.

Just a quick one, make sure nothing else is plugged into the other USB port (hard drive) whilst trying to flash

If after using hddguru to low level format followed by Windows fat 32 full format the USB still wont flash...use PC to have a look at the image you have been trying to load:-
inside the zgemma folder inside there is another folder (I think its h1 on the early zgemma's) open it & you will see a few files...one will be called noforce right click & rename this file to force

now prep the USB once again, hddguru to low level format then a full not quick Windows format, next place the zgemma folder you just altered onto the USB & place in rear USB port of zgemma, power the box on via its white button on the back of the box then watch it flash the box, no need to press any buttons just power the box up & it should auto detect then flash.... IF you have followed the steps correctly & the box still wont flash then its not the box at fault it will be the USB pen drive thats duff....try another (small USB pen drives such as 2gb - 4gb are perfect for flashing, dont try using a huge drive like a 64gb pen drive as it will take hours to prepare)

Last edited:
It's already called force.

Then Id be looking to see If its the correct image for your box & use another USB pen drive (I have only used a couple of pen drives that havnt worked, most will IF prepared correctly). The problem 90% of the time is getting the image & USB into a state that the box will read rather than the box not working properly!

tripple check you have sucmnsee's H1, H2, 2S image & not his image for the 2nd gen boxes....H2S, H2H, HS. Easy way to tell is look inside the zgemma folder...the folder in here I think is h1 for the early boxes & h3 for the 2nd gen boses

To save yourself time...as you have already prepared the USB & the box hasnt yet read from it you wont need to prep the USB again, you can simply delete the unwanted zgemma folder from the USB & drag/drop the correct one onto it & its ready to flash

Last edited:
I've done it now. Thanks Beaky. I've added my nlne file users/keys. How do I add my net id, and do I need to edit the Cccam.cfg file? Also is there anything else I need to do to get channels via cable (VM)?

LL format then format as described but try putting in the usb stick while the box is already booted up, hold power button and select restart. So far It has worked every time, including with sticks that wouldn't flash when putting stick in then turning on.

Back