Starview 6 Red light problem

Sakim

Hi

I was wondering if anyone else is having the red light problem on their starview 6 box? The box was working fine a couple of hours ago, I switched off went out come back home turned on and now all I get is the red light on the front of my box! The yellow light is flashing at the back of my box though.

Any idea how I can fix this???!

Just an updathe today I turned my box on and now I am getting the red and green light at the front of the box, any ideas why this is happening?

I have the latest firmware on my box which I installed a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine.

I am only quoting from what I have seen on another forum
if the tag at the back of the box starts 101 or 102 then the eeprom chip cannot handle the new firmware
and I think the only solution is a new box

The white label at the back of my box starts 124

Also the new firmware was working. The only thing I did was unplug my modemamd the next time I turned the box on this problem appeared.

no idea if relevant,power off box modem and router for 30 secs then on,wait a min then turn on and trygoing to a sly channel and enter pin code.

cactikid tried that didnt work, is there anyway of doing like a master reset/reboot on starview 6 boxes?:(

master reset is a new flash as it overwrites previous firmware,unplug unit and have a look inside for cap or damage to board,wondering if it got a surge of power.

both of my boxes whent into standby mode (red light) and i tried everything, nothing silch caput! i then found out that the boxes starting with 101 and 102 seriel no. cant handle the new firmware, well if thats case then why did they give it us ? my theory is they new this and put a glich in the firmware so we have to buy new boxes just like playstion done with there ps3 with the yellow ring or am i just bieng paranoid.

Folks the new firmware that was release contained a time bomb written into the coding to kill off the older boxes to make way for new ones, now if folks remember back in the day that was done to other Sv boxes so people would buy new ones, and yes it worked, and now ye are all been conned yet again, when are ye all going to wake up and smell the RAT.

STARVIEW are only in this for the money so they are not making any money just selling the subs, so best thing to do start by killing off the old boxes repackage the STARVIEW as EUROVIEW same internals just different box, they both come from the same factory in china.

So if you folks buy the EUROVIEW be prepared to buy yet another new box next year again and the following year after that.

REMEMBER !!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!

I turned the electric off in my house, when I turned it back on the starview 7 box wouldn't boot up , I just got the red light. Ive no idea if it can be fixed. Starview support says its fried and I need a new one.:(

in other words starview give you a 2 finger salute.
boxes reported gone down are ,101.,102.,104.,106.,124.,

any more numbers i can add, lottery numbers as some of those still work,and powering off does seem to knock them out.:fartlight:

I turned the electric off in my house, when I turned it back on the starview 7 box wouldn't boot up , I just got the red light. Ive no idea if it can be fixed. Starview support says its fried and I need a new one.:(

You dont want them to tell the truth now do you !! ................. they are telling you the box is fried because they added a time bomb to the coding in the new firmware to kill off all the old boxes, they have done this before, remember the Sv2 ? well that was killed off to make people buy the Sv3 USB, Starview are nothing more than robbin fookers, always have been and always will be, if you can go sat then i suggest you go this route, as the outlay may be dear at the start, after that you only have a line to get, if you cant go the sat route get a KV this way you buy the box and thats your lot, folks wake up Sv need you more than you need them, so let them go suck a lollypop and get your viewing elsewhere.

You dont want them to tell the truth now do you !! ................. they are telling you the box is fried because they added a time bomb to the coding in the new firmware to kill off all the old boxes, they have done this before, remember the Sv2 ? well that was killed off to make people buy the Sv3 USB, Starview are nothing more than robbin fookers, always have been and always will be, if you can go sat then i suggest you go this route, as the outlay may be dear at the start, after that you only have a line to get, if you cant go the sat route get a KV this way you buy the box and thats your lot, folks wake up Sv need you more than you need them, so let them go suck a lollypop and get your viewing elsewhere.
If this was the case surly someone with coding skills would be able to substantiate

If this was the case surly someone with coding skills would be able to substantiate

Nope its not as easy to do that as you think, only the people that make the box has the source code where the adjustment need to be made, unless you have that you are wasting your time, as it can not be done without it, there was only one person that i know off that might have the skills to do that and they have retired a long while back.

So anyone that has a box with red or green lights on it may "BIN" it as it will never work again, well not on SV servers anyway, I DO HOPE PEOPLE HAVE LEARNED THEIR LESSON YET AGAIN FROM THIS, if not pay the price.

STARVIEW SCUM OF THE EARTH RIP OFF MERCHANTS

Back