Starview Compromised - what a load of bull s**t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekiddy

Yet another rumour started by a competitor

Actually no user information is kept so how can that information be compromised!
the only information of any value or importance is the box number thus that's isthe reference to the support given!

Also within the next few weeks guys you will all see some interesting development in ref to the hd and the remaining channels n ppv :-D

But please Sv haters we all know that u have a keen interest in other box's thus providing cards and equipment but is there really any need in fabricating more bull shit!

We all know who these Sv haters are u simply have to look at your posts and see whom u work for as that's the equipment u promote then have the brain to put negativity against your competitors! Why don't ya'll create new accounts thus making it less obvious about your role and intensions!

"It is pretty simple to create new accounts! Although u all obviously like to be known for your dealings"

well said kiddy, sv gets a lot of stick on this and other sweb sites but you could help your cause if you posted more info on whats happening with missing channels and the hd box perhaps you could update people say once a week.

Lenordy has a very valid point, if you kept your customers up-to-date then they would not have the oppurtunity to stir up rumours like these.

Ontop of that I dont think TK staff would like it if existing members were making duplicated accounts for the sake of posting negative or positive posts about the SV, so be careful what you do around here, before you get a ban, and rightfully so...

There is no point making up such rumours. However kiddy you must understand the people who make up these rumours are filled with uch at being offered (at times) poor service, poor customer service and lack of communication. I have moved over to satellite (far superior to cable), but I hope for the people that have stuck with starview that they do get good service, quicker updates etc.

What happened to the FREE 12 MONTHS YOU PROMISED EVERYONE IN MARCH??

Yet another rumour started by a competitor

Actually no user information is kept so how can that information be compromised!
the only information of any value or importance is the box number thus that's isthe reference to the support given!

Also within the next few weeks guys you will all see some interesting development in ref to the hd and the remaining channels n ppv :-D

But please Sv haters we all know that u have a keen interest in other box's thus providing cards and equipment but is there really any need in fabricating more bull shit!

We all know who these Sv haters are u simply have to look at your posts and see whom u work for as that's the equipment u promote then have the brain to put negativity against your competitors! Why don't ya'll create new accounts thus making it less obvious about your role and intensions!

"It is pretty simple to create new accounts! Although u all obviously like to be known for your dealings"

In march you ,you stated that for all the messing about everyone has put up with we would all get 12 months free - what happened to that, we have continually had promises of a return to ALL channels - which has not happened and then you try and charge everyone for support, we have been waiting for this over the last few months.???????????????????????

They will return soon! With something extra!

Also most people (not all) did get 12 months and more

not all those who brought there box's oct/nov 2010 and after most certainly did not, also funny you made appearance having problems your end

How???

The new fix SMGO only came out March (when you promised the 12 months free - so how did ANYONE get the full 12 months?????????? It would have been more prudent to honour this and get all the channels working and more stable to what it currently is before asking tham to pay for support!!! If this was done you would not be getting so many people critisising your actions! Not good promotion either hearing you have been taking a month off people now too who subscribe?? I will be happy to subscribe when the service improves but seems to be you have jumped on the moneymaking train too quickly and you should have first gave people confidence back in SV like you promised. Surely you should see peoples apprehensions in you??????

I went through almost ALL your posts to dig out something I was looking for and I finally found it:

Source: http://www.techkings.org/starview/2...months-what-you-wanted-know-show-must-go.html

Hi guys as you probably all know or are worried about is how long the life of your sv box!

Well originally ever ones box was intended to have a life of 12 months but due to the unfortunate circumstances for the past 8 weeks, to keep all of the existing customers happy all boxes are expected to get 12 months from the point installation of the showmustgoon and enabling activation using 1819.

So according to that post of yours, if i'm right in interpreting this, then what the above means is that once the customer had installed the SMGO firmware they would get 12 months service. If customers somehow got more than 12 months out of their box, once again you saying that all these boxes had an intirial life expectancy of 12 months, I dont see how its possible that one would get more than 12 months out of there box but that isn't the point. Wouldn't that be a problem with the way SV has managed its business? Its not the customers fault IF they get more out of their paid services?

Now here we are, just.... 2-4 months after? The situation went from customers having an extra 12 months as a kind gesture to everybody paying subs? It seems to me that you have jumped one step ahead and then 2 steps back.

Maybe, just maybe if you will admit that EVERYTHING has gone horribly wrong and you are willing to.... well, ok that boat has sailed, not willing, but you can SHOW us that all channels are infact working and that you can offer a stable service, then maybe SV's customers will not turn there backs on you, the remaining SV customers that is....

If your out of ideas then here is one, give every BOX a 3 day trial. If customers are happy and convinced at this point then taking out £25 for 6 months aint bad at all. I agree it's a bargain of a price but only if the customers receive 100% service.

I dont even own a Starview, and i'm not here to bash around SV and want the situation to improve, not for me, but everybody else who has a SV and want answers.

Last edited:
Most persons did get more than 12 months out of there box's FACT also if the support service wasn't put in place you would had had to purchase a new box
(guess u forgot about that)

Iv made a reappearance as the forum admin asked me to make an appearance and provide answers to people's much wanted questions

Noone lost a month at all (yet another fact) the exp date was already set and may have appeared to be an extra month bit this was not the case it was a simple glitch in the system!

A money making train is something that makes a profit! Not a business that simply covers it's overheads (isn't that called a charity "non profitable organisation")

Also the support service will be much Improved and more operational within the coming days ;-)

Dan can you also dig around and find the posts where I explain why the support service was implemented as i se to repeat my self every time I post (I'll give ya a clue, leaching?) thus ruining our intensions for everyone!

Also a 3 day trial would be a good idea although pointless as if someone already has a box they are going to either get the service or find an alternative! And most new boxs come with the service included! So what would be achieved by a 3day give away?

By the way dan I appreciate your input and concern! Iv read of few of your posts and I can say they are generally constructive an informative better than some of the other non Sv owners posts (I'm guessing your an individual and not an investor in others interests)

Last edited:
Most persons did get more than 12 months out of there box's FACT also if the support service wasn't put in place you would had had to purchase a new box

Iv made a reappearance as the forum admin asked me to make an appearance and provide answers to people's much wanted questions

Noone lost a month at all (yet another fact) the exp date was already set and may have appeared to be an extra month bit this was not the case it was a simple glitch in the system!

A money making train is something that makes a profit! Not a business that simply covers it's overheads (isn't that called a charity "non profitable organisation")

Also the support service will be much Improved and more operational within the coming days ;-)

No, not at all, I have not forgotten about the supporter. But this isn't about the supporter. If you look through my posts, I remember mentioned how people here would be lost if there was no support from you around. You sure did shed some light on the situation back then, although you did tend to raise more questions than answers, but I guess you are back now to sort that out?

Yes I know, its difficult for one person thats behind this all to communicate with hundred/thousands of people so I wish you the best of luck in giving these people there answers.

Cant comment on the expiry dates as I dont own one of these boxes. Best of luck again thekiddy and may the power be with you. :) I wont be commenting now, going to give you an oppurtunity to go through the many threads in this section and dish out the answers. :)

Last edited:
?????

You offered everyone 12months free from putting out SMGO fix - see above post - you have gone back on this and then wonder why people are moaning?????
Why did you not let people see this NEW AND IMPROVED service before you started to ask for payment, even just for a month to see how stable it is/was?
You have gone back on your word, whats to say I pay you for 6 months now and then you then change your mind in 2 months again and either up the price or just get rid????? We all know its a gamble and you getting Sv back up IS GREAT but having someone who sticks to their word or at least shows you first what your going to be getting for your money helps a person to WANT to take that gamble?

Minds will not be changed 6months is 6months! 12 is 12!

Iv seen the rumors and what people have been saying but they are yet again fabrications (from we all know who and where)

my expiry date is oct 31st, will probably pay subs/ dnt know weather 6or 12months. some people are sayin that kv are more reliable, but whos to say they will go the same way(rumours). just want a better service/back up/ all channels working/ not so much picture freezing, then WE WILL ALL BE HAPPY/ STAY WITH STARVIEW& NO MOANING/COMPLAINTS. Thats all we want, then you wont have sooooo many people on your back & you can make your MILLION lol..:peace:

should of kept quite you probaly lost a month,@ the kiddy you keep bitching about peeps slagging SV as they have there own servicese to sell just letting you no i will slag your crap of and i don`t sell feck all, can`t wait for you muppets to get busted, just to let you no i pay sky, i get all channels and they don`t freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back