starview hd combo

hi please can someone help my starview hd combo built in lan is having a problem today. i switched it on and im getting a flashing red light i dont know what has happen it was working yesterday but today its not please help me.

hi please can someone help my starview hd combo built in lan is having a problem today. i switched it on and im getting a flashing red light i dont know what has happen it was working yesterday but today its not please help me.

Where is this red flashing light seen?

Is it at the boxes front panel or somewhere on the inside? [ethernet]

Tried to reset your router? power off from the mains? re-insert the ethernet cable back into your starview?

Last edited:
THIS IS FOR THE STARVIEW HD COMBO + ONLY

IF YOURS DOES NOT HAVE A LAN PORT DO NOT USE THIS FIX!!!!!

You will need:

A computer with a serial port

A Null modem 9 pin serial cable (as used on the starview 1 - 3)

Connect the SV HD to the computer using the serial cable and attach to mains (leave turned off by switch on back)

UNZIP the file downloaded

open HD-200_Download.exe

Choose COM 1 (unless you have connected it to a different port)

Select software (HD300N_SC_RS232_1.bin)

Turn on receiver with rear switch

bar will start counting to 100%

WAIT UNTIL SOFTWARE SAYS COMPLETE!!!!

Turn off receiver and back on

P.S. This will also recover 'bricked' SVHD's (if there are any lights still on)

hi sorry but i have tried this and it is staying at 0percent and not updating

---------- Post added 01-10-2011 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 30-09-2011 at 10:00 PM ----------

please help help is apreciated

Hi new to the site but agree with shoyaibpatel mines just staying at 0 percent aswell. Cant anyone please help?

doing the same what?????,cable side will only give you fta as there is no fix yet,only sat side working with lan box,and welcome to tk.

hi has the starview hd combo lan got a new firmware im using carling decemeber 2010 is there a new one as sat side gliches every few mins. there is no problem with my server his side is ok. its the firmware is there a new one available. help is apreciated

right so its still the carling dec 2010 ok which is most stable for sat side as gliching on cccamd and newcamd server the stable firmware thanxs

Hello Just a little help here?

Someone did a upgrade software for Starview HD box & they called "I was bored one day" & I decided to upgraded my Starview HD box & now it's got the Spiderbox software & it works a treat with no gliching or freezing? The beauty about it is that it very easy to install? B
ut please beware that this software is for the Starview Lan version only & for the SAT side.
I will try & add it to this forum

regards
Singhie

Back