Starview Problems July 2012

Don't guys ! Updated firmware and got all channels now except bbc1,bbc2,itv ,channel 5 I don't know how to get them ! Any idea pls ??

Never updated firmware ! Anyone can tell me how to do pls??

download new software to pen drive,insert pen drive into back of starview,press menu on remote select utility, scroll down to usb select ok, locate file on usb press ok, s/w upgrade ok, after that do factory reset, auto scan, then go to slysports and type in 1819 on remote and select enable:)

stewtab what does the file look like on the utility>USB? there's a folder so i click on that then it goes to two extra folders and when i press ok on the file nothing happens, really stuck here and it's very frustrating as im not entirely sure what I'm doing

it is probably a rar file which should have been extracted on pc first,i think the folder should read 3.00

Hi guys

Ive been reading all the threads

Whats the general consensus of the new firmware some people saying it working and others saying they having problems?

Do you think its just best to try and hope for best, if it fails just wait and see what happens over next few days hopefully will sort itself out?

Thanks

so if i download the firmware then extract it then put onto pen drive then into box, save it then click on it - it should work? I've already tried this and still no connection but is it correct what I'm doing? does it need to be a SDB file or BIN file?

Last edited:
I keep reading that people who update to firmware 3 lose the remainder of their subscription

Can anyone confirm one way or the other please.

It's not a major issue for me (even though it's annoying) as I have alternative choices

youve only got 1post on your name rimell72 you need to have afew more posts then your name goes blue then you can download i have done approx 5boxs with the new firmware without any probs didnt need to do a factory reset and scan i just uploaded it from usb stick the box then reboots and all channels work must point out that the 5boxs all had over 2mnths subs on i have been reading alot of boxs that are still not connecting if you read the post from the starview team ATTNI: starview update from stigie dated 15-07-2012 time 10.30AM they are working on that it might help if you read it

Last edited:
so all i need to do is put the firmware on a pen drive (without altering the format on pc) then put it in box then click on options then s/w update? any help is much appreciated

need download

check that you have flashed box correctly and it states new firmware on box,factory reset and rescan reboot network as in box modem and router off for 30 secs then on,enable pin if needed..... i would if i could but i need to put a comment first.

is there anyway i can speak to someone about this as it's very frustrating having no tv for 3 days now, i need a complete idiots guide on how to do this?

Back