Stream from zgemma to android

BenH86123

Hi all,

Any ideas as to why I can stream to my android device when at home on the local network but cannot stream whilst at work on wifi or on 4G?

Cheers,

Have you got port forwarding set up on your home network?
If you haven't that would be the explanation why you can stream to your android device at home. You need to be aware of the risks of turning port forwarding on though. Search this forum as kiddac posted a great thread regarding the risks.

Last edited:
I forwarded port 80 to my IP and got it working at home but can't get it to work when I'm not connected to my LAN.
Ha ha you really want to get this working don't you Ben lol
Seen about 4 posts if yours now :)
Open port 8001 that's the one for streaming as far as I can Remember and on the Android app go into the settings and enable remote http
I'm guessing you've already entered your public IP if you access your recordings

Have a search on the forum, I don't stream outside my network but have read threads on here which mention what port it needs to be to stream outside your home network

Funny thing is Steve not even sure how much I'll actually use it just want to work out how to do it haha... where on android would be 'enable remote http'?

Cheers guys.

Cheers mate i'll give it a go... give it a few months I'll be a zgemma guru thanks to you guys haha.

1 last questions before I go - is there any way of adding additional shortcuts to the 'portal' menu (its a button I press on my remote that brings up a menu in the middle of the screen with like 1. iptv 2.kodi direct 3.epg...

Thanks,

Cheers mate i'll give it a go... give it a few months I'll be a zgemma guru thanks to you guys haha.

1 last questions before I go - is there any way of adding additional shortcuts to the 'portal' menu (its a button I press on my remote that brings up a menu in the middle of the screen with like 1. iptv 2.kodi direct 3.epg...

Thanks,
Doesn't that list get created with the plugins you install... So if you install a new plugin it will appear there.
I can't remember seeing a menu option for that there's probably a xml file somewhere you can edit

It doesn't appear to show TSmedia and that's the plugin I wanted to add if I can.

Do you know of any decent plugins I can install?

Cheers for all your help.

It should do it you have installed it portall green download plugins extensions. Tbh ts media and kodi isn't worth the hassle iptv player seems to be the best

I don't use plugins I use my box for what it is a sat box and use iptvplayer to watch the odd film I have a raspberry pi2 and mxq for kodi but don't use them much. Just to add having loads of plugins is going to slow down you box and fill up the memory try to keep it minimalistic

To fix portal button
Menu
Setup
System
User interface
Button setup
Follow instructions on screen
Ive mine set to plugins like it used to

It does that

---------- Post Merged at 04:33 PM ----------

Well. It will point u to plugins then select whatever. Same thing'ish ;)

Back