Streaming issues

gillettos

Hi,

I've just switched from virgin to 3 broadband....

On doing this my speeds are all over the place, hence effecting my IPTV is buffering constantly. Even iplayer on the smart TV tbf acts up!?

Any one else heard of these issues??

VPN isnt making a difference either, but it defaults to the UK all the time (ipVanish)

Cheers in advance

sounds like an internet issue, but have you done basic checks.... turn router off for a few minutes, rebooted devices etc.

What speed is your router syncing at?
Have you tried speed tests?
What speeds you getting?

Routers in a window.

Speed checks vary all the time, can get 100 plus one min then next literally down to 3 or 4!?!

Yep done basics, turned off etc.

Test with one ethernet lead, still the same, split the WiFi into 2.4 and 5, same again...

Change the mobile signal to stick on 4g so not constantly searching, makes no difference.....

Etc etc.....

Routers in a window.

Speed checks vary all the time, can get 100 plus one min then next literally down to 3 or 4!?!

Test with one ethernet lead, still the same, split the WiFi into 2.4 and 5, same again...

Change the mobile signal to stick on 4g so not constantly searching, makes no difference.....

Etc etc.....
Are three doing upgrade works to 5g in your area. we had this exact same issue in Jan/Feb as power to masts was being cycled whilst the engineers worked away.
We were advised to manually switch router to 3g only (until works were completed) and whilst slower overall downloads it remained consistent enough for strreaming

Are three doing upgrade works to 5g in your area. we had this exact same issue in Jan/Feb as power to masts was being cycled whilst the engineers worked away.
We were advised to manually switch router to 3g only (until works were completed) and whilst slower overall downloads it remained consistent enough for strreaming
Not as far as I know, we have 5G but doesn't reach our house unfortunately.

The router won't go as low as 3g

Any one know how to find out about planned masts going up??

100 good and 3 is bad,that will be buffer time...

Etc etc.....

I would speak to 3 with your concerns then, see what they say...

We did the same a couple of years again, we even got an external antena for the router to try and improve things but in the end we cancelled and went back to VM. Saying that it wasn't a 5g router, it was older

Greg

Theres allot of folk on Google with the same issues, madness!!

I've called the ISP and there useless, well he did get me to check the SIM card wasn't scratched so a slight but of intelligence...... Haha!!!

I have flat core 6e round the house so wondering if that's picking noise up from maims or something and getting back into router...

God knows will keep trying.

Thanks all :0)

Back