Stuck on Boot after Vermin BB being installed.

AntonM

Hello folks...

Basically i noticed this when a family member had to get vermin in to sort his broaband out he unplugged his H2 box that was fully working before vermin came in... basically it has BOOT on lcd now if i take it to my home it boots up first time perfect, now i have noticed a small block type thing vermin have installed between the box on the wall and the splitter, i have removed this and made no difference, also i had someone just get vermin installed and i went to install a h2 box for them and same exact thing, then took it back home and worked perfect.

Think i should try replacing cable from the box on the wall to see if this solves the issue or has anyone seen/heard of this?.

Cheers
A

Its the cable the engineer installed has some type of small block on it everything was working perfect before he changed the cable from the box on the wall. All the box does is show boot as if its not getting the signal from the vermin line/box if that makes sense.

2 things to look at, old closed source sat boxes were forever .bricking, sticking on boot ,or boot looping , due topower issues. This was caused in main by either failing psu or the sat feed causing tuner to short, resulting in mentioned issues. You're using open source box & cable,1st thing to try, check if box responds to the remote, sometimes,box can boot to a dead channel, as box works at yours power source failure isn't on option, providing you're using same one. The box will boot without cable connection, power it down, then remove cable feed, then reboot, my hunch would be problem with the cable
try & see how you go

AntonM, as per above post, just remove the Virgin cable feed from box and I'd expect it to boot.
Due to poor design, if the solid middle core of lead / connector is too long it can touch the circuit board inside.
Connection before may not have been as tight as this time hence why it's only now doing it.
If it boots, re do the connector.

Hello.

I will try this tomorrow but i know the house i went to install it in was just hooked up with the cable virgin use so its all they premade push in ones if you get me, i will try the box without the cable being present but im sure it does the same i thought the H2's had to have the feed in for it to boot up..

Thanks

No zgemma needs a feed to boot up.
Some use their boxes for IPTV only, like myself with an old zgemma in the bedroom. All it has is an Ethernet feed.

No zgemma needs a feed to boot up.
Some use their boxes for IPTV only, like myself with an old zgemma in the bedroom. All it has is an Ethernet feed.
:(y):
seem to be a good few people using a 2nd box as a slave box as well, streaming from their main box

Yeah steptoe.
There was a time after Sky's channels went when the boxes were literally being thrown away on eBay, but now the sellers have wised up and realised the old boxes still have their uses.
Bugger, lol......

Yeah steptoe.
There was a time after Sky's channels went when the boxes were literally being thrown away on eBay, but now the sellers have wised up and realised the old boxes still have their uses.
Bugger, lol......

I take it you may have been one of them, :) lol , but ye, some bargains were to be had if you had been thinking ahead,
I just stuck a bigger dish up with more LNBs, :)

Thanks for the reply's guys.. i got the box booted up and setup, left it with the guy then got a call hours later saying he put it on 'standby' now its only showing boot again so i am having to go back tonight now to have a look....

He is either lying or mistaken.
If the box was on standby you cannot get the boot message. The box has ALREADY booted and is in standby mode.
The only way to get / see a boot message is to put the box into deep standby , pull the plug, or switch it off on the rear, then switch it on again.

Yeah i was more thinking along the lines of turned it off at the back or deep standby, hopefully i get it going again...

Cheers

I'd politely point out what he said CANNOT be true.
On my living room zgemma, after its been shut down / powered off, it NEVER boots first time. I always get the boot message and nothing.
All I do is press power button on back to put off then put it straight back on. Box then boots every time.
I've done software updates and reflashes and still does it.
Worth trying that fix
No idea why it works but I have seen someone else say the exact same thing.

Back