Subtitles and digital teletext on zgemma hs2

Goonerfan

I've noticed a couple of problems with my Zgemma.
First of all the subtitles on premium channels (not dvb) are always on a delay.
Is this just something that's inherent to channels on a server?
Secondly the teletext function doesn't seem to be of any use and doesn't launch the bbc's digital text for example.
Again is that to be expected with all boxes like this? Or higher end boxes might have digital text?

I am looking for info on this too for my zgemma box and teletext services. are they not available?

Menu>Setup>Audio>Subtitle settings.....
There are three settings in there:
Subtitle delay when timing lacks,
Subtitle delay when timing is bad, and
Delay for external subtitles.
I have all of those set to"No delay" and I have no problems.
Try some of them and see what you think.Make a note of the settings first and don't forget to press the green button to save.

subtitles on these boxes suck though. Which ever option you choose whether DVB or digital teletext its just bad.
Unless you can speed read.

It might even be better on some channels, just pressing the text button and using old school teletext.

And there is no equivalent of digital text on these boxes.

Try some of them and see what you think.Make a note of the settings first and don't forget to press the green button to save.

I cannot see any of these options and in any case I wish teletext not audio. I have zgemma H2S satellite box and ising succmnsee Vic TechKings setup get all channels ok except sky HD and cannot find any teletext service at alll . I do get subtitles ok when required but no teletext even if try bbc1 and then pressing text and I have done on freesat or freeview tvs . Any further help would be fantastic- I suspect that it is not posible on these boxes at present for some reason.

I cannot see any of these options and in any case I wish teletext not audio. I have zgemma H2S satellite box and ising succmnsee Vic TechKings setup get all channels ok except sky HD and cannot find any teletext service at alll . I do get subtitles ok when required but no teletext even if try bbc1 and then pressing text and I have done on freesat or freeview tvs . Any further help would be fantastic- I suspect that it is not posible on these boxes at present for some reason.
You asked about the subtitle delay and that is where the settings for subtitles are on OpenATV.I had to guess which image you were on because you didn't say in your first post.It seems you are running Succemnsee's Vix build and I don't know where they are on that. Sorry.

Reboot problem

I have openVix Sucmnsee setup on zgemma H.2s box and everything working fine but when I reboot or start up thebox it always open up the one channel (channel number 524 Disc.Turbo) even although this channel was not last channel viewed so have to change channel every time I reboot. How do I change this? I assume there is a setting somewhere but I cannot see where this option is located and did not think had changed something in the EPG but assumemust have done. an you help?
Thanks

I have openVix Sucmnsee setup on zgemma H.2s box and everything working fine but when I reboot or start up thebox it always open up the one channel (channel number 524 Disc.Turbo) even although this channel was not last channel viewed so have to change channel every time I reboot. How do I change this? I assume there is a setting somewhere but I cannot see where this option is located and did not think had changed something in the EPG but assumemust have done. an you help?
Thanks

you have to remove the channel as default channel startup service.
From top of my head (not literally :) ) on the channel, press the down arrow button , you will see the channel list, press MENU button and there will be options to remove or replace the channel as startup channel....

Excellent have found that press the down arrow followed by the menu button brings up options and then choosing 3rd option down of stop using as start up service works. Cannot thank you enough for rapid correct reply

Back