Swap file location with usb & micro SD

asmad

TK Veteran
Something I've not given much thought to is the
Location of my swapfile.

I have a 128gb usb for recordings and a 16gb micro SD card for Timeshift, EPG & picons.

Which drive should my swapfile be active on? Does it work for recordings or is it for Timeshift?

thanks in advance.

The swap file is an area that is set aside and is used as extra system memory (That is put simply).
It has nothing to do with timeshift or the epg and some people don't even bother using one.
Mine is on the microsd along with epg and picons.

EDIT:
[FONT=&quot]A swap file (or swap space or, in Windows NT, a pagefile) is a space on a [/FONT]hard disk[FONT=&quot] used as the [/FONT]virtual memory[FONT=&quot] extension of a computer's real memory ([/FONT]RAM[FONT=&quot]). Having a swap file allows your computer's [/FONT]operating system[FONT=&quot] to pretend that you have more RAM than you actually do. The least recently used files in RAM can be "swapped out" to your hard disk until they are needed later so that new files can be "swapped in" to RAM. [/FONT]

Last edited:
Thanks willo3092. That is a very precise answer which helps a lot.

I'm trying to learn as much about these little boxes and the software which makes them tick. So there's another answer for my list.

The swap file is an area that is set aside and is used as extra system memory (That is put simply).
It has nothing to do with timeshift or the epg and some people don't even bother using one.
Mine is on the microsd along with epg and picons.

EDIT:
[FONT=&quot]A swap file (or swap space or, in Windows NT, a pagefile) is a space on a [/FONT]hard disk[FONT=&quot] used as the [/FONT]virtual memory[FONT=&quot] extension of a computer's real memory ([/FONT]RAM[FONT=&quot]). Having a swap file allows your computer's [/FONT]operating system[FONT=&quot] to pretend that you have more RAM than you actually do. The least recently used files in RAM can be "swapped out" to your hard disk until they are needed later so that new files can be "swapped in" to RAM. [/FONT]
how to I create?Thanks

Back