Swapping channels and BB usage

oooo1234

Hi complete curiosity brings me to first part of my question, how much Internet per hour does the zgemma box use when connected to receive channels?

Second part, is it possiable to swap out channels in the epg for other ones? I.e. The BBC 1HD channel says sometimes that it's not possiable to show the current programming for what ever reasons... so can you swap '101' out for a standard 101 SD channel? ... if so how?

The box uses very little data. It just downloads a few keys to decrypt the channels, but the channels themselves come through the dish.

Have you set your ABM properly? Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquets Maker > Sky UK Area = (Your Region) Custom. Sky UK: swap channels = Yes. Then rescan.

The box needs roughly 20 bytes of data every 8 seconds when watching a encrypted channel

The 20 bytes every 8 seconds suddenly makes so much sense to me now.

When my box occasionally freezes it's always for 8 seconds and I've wondered why always the same duration?

Now I realise it's the time between packets sent and received. Guess the 20 bytes would be the size of you line file.

Back