Tablet War Hots Up With Microsoft iPad Rival

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microsoft is taking on the iPad in the battle of the tablets as it announced plans to launch it own version later this year.

37.jpg

New tablet will be launched in the Autumn

It is working in partnership with Hewlett-Packard whose executive vice president Todd Bradley said: "Slates are going to be an enormous category.

"Our focus is working with still our largest software partner, Microsoft, to create a tablet, a slate, for the enterprise business."

"This is just in its infancy."

Apple has sold more than three million iPads since it went on sale in April and Microsoft has been seeking to develop products that will tap into the lucrative market.

When the Microsoft tablet arrives on the shelves it may benefit from one key advantage over its Apple rival.

38.jpg

Apple's iPad has captured the imagination of consumers and rival manufacturers

The HP tablet computer will be able to run Flash, the popular video software from Adobe which Apple has barred from the iPad.

The news comes as Microsoft revealed a record $4.52bn profit with a fourth quarter revenue of more than $16bn dollars.

The American tech company credited the strong sales figures to the successful launch of its latest-generation Office 2010 software and to continued strong demand for its new Windows 7 operating system.

The popularity of its Xbox 360 videogame consoles and Bing's improving share of the Internet search market also contributed to the successful final quarter of its fiscal year.

Microsoft chief operating officer Kevin Turner said: "We look forward to continuing our product momentum this fall with the upcoming launches of Windows Phone 7 and Xbox Kinect."

Hard to know wheelo, ever since I got my first touch phone I've warmed to the idea of a tablet PC.

I use a Netbook if traveling but I will definitely look at the Windows based tablets when they start to appear

see, this is where you and i will diverge in opinion, no matter what type of touch screen machine (photocopier, nintendo ds, phones.) dont seem to recognise my fingers

Back