Taking a backup on skybox

akhlaq768

Will be receiving a new skybox f3 with gift preloaded into it…

I read that if I restore to factory setting it will loose the gift and the channels will stop working…

Before I do this accidentally (or the Mrs) how can I backup the system? Set by step be helpful

Thanks,

Ask the provider what the gift details are.I doubt that you would do this accidentally its going to take more than sitting on the remote to restore it to factory settings for example lol

You will only lose your gift line if you select CCcam from a pop-up menu when you reset to factory settings. As long as you don't select this, then you should be OK.

But it's always best to make a backup of your gift anyway, in case your box should fail to boot one day.

Go into menu > tools > dump by USB. Select Dump mode = misc files. Select "select & dump". Scroll to CCcam.cfg & press OK to select it, then press yellow to dump to a USB stick.

Open the file with notepad on your pc if you want to take a look at the details.

When you have got your box set up as you want, it might be worth dumping the whole image as well.

And how do I take a image of the box?
Thanks

Tools > dump by USB. Dump mode = Image File (*.abs). Press Start. Select "System setting (in image)" by pressing OK (or green [Add] button) if you also want to save your local time settings etc. Select "3601HD_Backup.abs (image)" using OK or green button. Then press yellow button to dump to USB stick.

Finally got round in taking a dump of the CCcam.cfg file. I've opened in text and it's empty.

What went wrong?

Did you check first to see if your line is actually in CCcam.cfg?

It may be in MGcamd.

Last edited:
The CCcam.cfg is definately blank, when I've opened it in NOTEPAD, I didn't look at the MGcamd file, i'll do that tonight.

I have noticed on the TV screen ir says MGcamd on the bottom left when changing channels

The CCcam.cfg is definately blank, when I've opened it in NOTEPAD, I didn't look at the MGcamd file, i'll do that tonight.

I have noticed on the TV screen ir says MGcamd on the bottom left when changing channels

Sorry. What I meant was, have you checked in the menu first, to see if your line is actually in the CCcam.cfg position (menu > network local settings > camds setup > CCcam client setup > manage config files > CCcam.cfg)

Although from the rest of your post, it looks like your line may be in MGcamd as suspected.

Thanks Kremmen, i'll follow your instructions tonight,

why would the line be located in the MGcamd file, all post i read, point me to the CCcamd file

Thanks Kremmen, i'll follow your instructions tonight,

why would the line be located in the MGcamd file, all post i read, point me to the CCcamd file

Some members say that an N line works better when used in MGcam rather than CCcam, although I tried my N line in MGcam & couldn't get it to work at all! LOL.

Sorry. What I meant was, have you checked in the menu first, to see if your line is actually in the CCcam.cfg position (menu > network local settings > camds setup > CCcam client setup > manage config files > CCcam.cfg)

Although from the rest of your post, it looks like your line may be in MGcamd as suspected.

I've checked in the CCcam.cfg file via the instructions above and it seems to be blank... That's why the file itself when I open it via notepad is blank.

So where is my cline is stored and how do I access it, so I have a copy because currently I don't have one

Menu - Tools - Dump by USB

Change dump mode to Misc files - Select and Dump

Scroll down the list to newcamd.list (MG Camd Plug) - Press OK to get a green tick

(Yellow Button) Dump

...and if you want to look at the line on your box, go to Menu > network local setting > camds setup > mgcamd plug setup > manage config files > newcamd list.

What am I expecting in this bit of code?

If you got to Manage Config (something like that) you should be able to see the line details on the screen...

It would be interesting to see why you aren't getting the config file from the box, I can't imagine boxes that come with a gift are configured in any different way?

As for what you are expecting :"C server-address port username password"

...and if you want to look at the line on your box, go to Menu > network local setting > camds setup > mgcamd plug setup > manage config files > newcamd list.

I'm a newbie here and my question might sound dumb to others so pardon me :boo:.
I checked my line and it is in the newcamd list (mgcamd). Does it mean any new update should be put here rather than in the CCcam.cfg?

I'm a newbie here and my question might sound dumb to others so pardon me :boo:.
I checked my line and it is in the newcamd list (mgcamd). Does it mean any new update should be put here rather than in the CCcam.cfg?

If you want to install a new C line, then it has to go into the CCcam.cfg file.

If you want to install a new N line, then it can go into the CCcam.cfg file or newcamd.list.

If you have more than one line (N or C line) on the box in either CCcam.cfg or newcamd.list, will the system automatically pick the workable one if possibly all active?

Back